RESOLVED KYLE: BUG: Inconsistent data in citation vs. library metadata

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27038
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 11 2019 7:27 PM

Why is the author (IGNTP) not included in the citation when it is included in the library metadata. I've shown just one example but it applies to all 4 IGNTP resources that I own.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27038
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 24 2019 11:44 PM

bump 3

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27038
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 10:31 PM

rebump

Posts 3152
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 9 2019 5:30 AM

MJ. Smith:
Why is the author (IGNTP) not included in the citation when it is included in the library metadata.

I am confused. I see "International Greek New Testament Project" in both of your screenshots.

Posts 8084
LogosEmployee

Possibly also a similar answer to https://community.logos.com/forums/p/186229/1076905.aspx#1076905

You should not expect to see a 1-1 correspondence between Library metadata and citation fields. (In general, citations are "stricter" about the type of data they can contain and how it's displayed, while the Library often repurposes fields, e.g., reusing Author because there's no separate Editor field, in order to help make it easier to find resources.)

Posts 27038
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 9 2019 2:44 PM

Thanks Bradley. I did expect the metadata and citation data to be the same.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS