SUGGESTION: Revert to not clearing the command box

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28251
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 17 2019 1:31 PM

I didn't like the switch to clearing the command box in beta but I thought it deserved a chance. It's had it's chance and my opinion has changed -- now I hate it. An example of why

• I start by typing a open title command into the box. I use this method rather than the library panel because of the time it takes for the library panel side bar to build i.e. I have to type the title into the library anyway to reach the resource quickly.
  • I want all pieces because I am trying to build a multiview panel in which the resource will behave as expected by the print text.
  • I open the base section - the one without a qualifier at the end. As it opens, the application (ignorantly) clears the command. When it didn't, I merely needed to position the cursor, and open the next portion. Now I have to start back at the typing Open and have to wait for the application to present me with the same options I had the first time. How is this anything but a waste of time, an inconvenience, and a decrease of functionality.  The same issue occurs when accessing the Schiff church fathers which was the issue I'd had with the beta.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 22370
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2019 10:59 PM

I agree that clearing the command box was not a good change.

Posts 3494
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 2:30 AM

Is this something that would benefit from a Program Settings toggle, that people might choose whether or not clearing works best for them?

Otherwise, if the change simply was reverted, the people who preferred it cleared might be unhappy that it got changed back.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS