BDAG Biblical Language Collection (17 vols.)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 273
Wei Qiang | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 21 2019 4:52 PM

Bid will likely succeed at $45.00 USD BDAG Biblical Language Collection (17 vols.)

Logos 8 Win 10

Posts 7631
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2019 5:00 PM

Meh 😕 I wish it would’ve included BAGD, then it would’ve been worth $45.  I think I’ll pass!

DAL

Posts 11323
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2019 5:23 PM

Pass ... another century old package filler.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 19067
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2019 6:38 PM

David Owh:

Bid will likely succeed at $45.00 USD BDAG Biblical Language Collection (17 vols.)

Not interested. And it's not likely to succeed any time soon. They've only got about 15% of the bids they'd need for it to go into production. When it says your bid "will likely succeed at $45" it means that if and when this goes over the top of having enough orders for it to be worth producing, it will most likely be at this peak price which is where most of the orders so far have come in, and so your bid price is high enough. But you'll probably still have to wait a looooooong time for there to be enough bids. Could be years.

Posts 2776
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2019 6:58 PM

DAL:
I wish it would’ve included BAGD, then it would’ve been worth $45.  I think I’ll pass!
Yes

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Posts 273
Wei Qiang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2019 7:55 PM

Rosie Perera:

David Owh:

Not interested. And it's not likely to succeed any time soon. They've only got about 15% of the bids they'd need for it to go into production. When it says your bid "will likely succeed at $45" it means that if and when this goes over the top of having enough orders for it to be worth producing, it will most likely be at this peak price which is where most of the orders so far have come in, and so your bid price is high enough. But you'll probably still have to wait a looooooong time for there to be enough bids. Could be years.

Thank you for explaining. Yes

Logos 8 Win 10

Posts 1581
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2019 10:40 PM

DAL:

Meh 😕 I wish it would’ve included BAGD, then it would’ve been worth $45.  I think I’ll pass!

DAL

Yes

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 2618
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2019 12:12 AM

I put a bid in for now. I think the only real issue is whether this will actually fully link to BDAG. When stuff connects in Logos, it's great. When it doesn't, it becomes a pain. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2019 3:38 AM

DAL:
Meh 😕 I wish it would’ve included BAGD, then it would’ve been worth $45.

Yes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2019 8:09 AM

Denise:

HMM. Seems you might need to heed Danker's warning:

On the whole, the abundant secondary literature provides the reader with a buffer against “private interpretations” and offers protective ointment against the disease of thinking that knowledge begins with the current generation.

—Frederick W. Danker in Biblical Greek Language and Lexicography: Essays in Honor of Frederick W. Danker

Regardless of the possible personal application (and I do know that knowledge marches on) the purpose of this package is to allow those interested to have access to works cited in BDAG they would not otherwise have.

What I want to know is whether FL is going to go back to BDAG and code in the references to these works. Not interested if they don't do so.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 11323
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2019 8:43 AM

Mark Smith:

Denise:

HMM. Seems you might need to heed Danker's warning:

On the whole, the abundant secondary literature provides the reader with a buffer against “private interpretations” and offers protective ointment against the disease of thinking that knowledge begins with the current generation.

—Frederick W. Danker in Biblical Greek Language and Lexicography: Essays in Honor of Frederick W. Danker

Or might not. See my word 'century'. Secondary 'modern' literature. Like what Logos recently shipped.

But, yes, BDAG is layers of older opinions.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2618
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2019 4:54 PM

Mark Smith:
What I want to know is whether FL is going to go back to BDAG and code in the references to these works. Not interested if they don't do so.

That's what I was thinking. Not a total deal killer, but Logos is built on this principle. Now my suggestion is that FL would make themselves a true giant by actually get busy on this and do it and make a special offer to current and new BDAG owners of a special buy-in. Piggyback this as a unique resource. FL is exceptionally good at making something truly promotional and beneficial. A golden opportunity for FL.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS