The Real Black Friday Sale is here....

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5170
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 29 2019 1:35 AM

... and of the very few things on offer I don't have in my library nothing really grabs my attention.  Hopefully there will be something in there for others with smaller libraries that will be a blessing to you.... now to the wait for cyber Monday to see if there is anything of interest.

https://www.logos.com/black-Friday 

Posts 992
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 2:06 AM

DIsciple II:

... and of the very few things on offer I don't have in my library nothing really grabs my attention.  Hopefully there will be something else in there for others with smaller libraries that will be a blessing to you.... now to the wait for cyber Monday to see if there is anything of interest.

Agree. Some nice books there, but nothing in my wishlist. Would be nice to have a store wide discount like some retailers. Then my budget might be challenged!

Posts 992
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 2:26 AM

Faithlife eBooks have a sale too.

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/black-friday

Nothing caught my eye there either.

Posts 28
Pawel Trajewski | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 2:48 AM

What do you think about these two series?

Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching | INT (43 vols.)
College Press NIV Commentary (42 vols.)

If I already have NAC and WBC series, is it worth to spend money one of them? Which one would you recommend?

Posts 5170
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 2:52 AM

Pawel Trajewski:
Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching | INT (43 vols.)

See this recent post for some user comments on this series:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/186536.aspx 

Posts 10329
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 7:08 AM

DIsciple II:
Hopefully there will be something in there for others

I got the gospels collection, for $2 a volume. Half are chatty-Kathys, so maybe $4 a volume. Still in Matthew's territory (earlier forum member who excelled at sales).

The Fathers of the Church (Ante-Nicene) pointed to the full set at an 'enormous discount' which turned out to be 2% from a volume I had. I passed on both.

Posts 10329
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 7:18 AM

Paul Caneparo:
Faithlife eBooks have a sale too.

Thank you, Paul.

A nice add to my hymn collection ... an auto-bio on Fanny Jane Crosby (1906 volume ebook'd).

1843:

"Oh, time, what art thou? who thy course may stay? Not ours the past nor future, but today."

She was blind from birth.

Posts 28
Pawel Trajewski | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 7:43 AM

What about this series?

Posts 6594
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 7:55 AM

Pawel Trajewski:

What about this series?

I have it, but I saw an email where it’s supposed to be included along with the Interpretation series.

DAL

Posts 1413
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 7:55 AM

Paul Caneparo:

DIsciple II:

... and of the very few things on offer I don't have in my library nothing really grabs my attention.  Hopefully there will be something else in there for others with smaller libraries that will be a blessing to you.... now to the wait for cyber Monday to see if there is anything of interest.

Agree. Some nice books there, but nothing in my wishlist. Would be nice to have a store wide discount like some retailers. Then my budget might be challenged!

Ditto!

Ka-ching!  Ka-ching!  The beautiful sound of money going back into my piggy bank.  Smile

Posts 992
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 9:30 AM

Just seen an announcement that most Lexham titles are 40% off this weekend.

Posts 499
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 10:26 AM

DAL:

Pawel Trajewski:

What about this series?

I have it, but I saw an email where it’s supposed to be included along with the Interpretation series.

DAL

DAL, can you tell us more?  I just sprang for the Interpretation series, and now I'm wondering if I need to call Customer Service. Smile

Posts 692
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 10:50 AM

Paul Caneparo:

I held off on these last month, but sprang for them at 40% off.

Posts 6594
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 10:54 AM

Brad:

DAL:

Pawel Trajewski:

What about this series?

DAL

DAL, can you tell us more?  I just sprang for the Interpretation series, and now I'm wondering if I need to call Customer Service. Smile

It’s written from a restoration movement perspective.  Like any other series, some volumes are better than others.  D.A. Carson (in his commentary survey) says, “This series is an attempt to break into a slightly more scholarly market. Most of the contributions that have appeared so far are decidedly on the light side, but some of the volumes are stronger.”

Posts 499
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 10:59 AM

DAL:

Brad:

DAL:

Pawel Trajewski:

What about this series?

DAL

It’s written from a restoration movement perspective.  Like any other series, some volumes are better than others.  D.A. Carson (in his commentary survey) says, “This series is an attempt to break into a slightly more scholarly market. Most of the contributions that have appeared so far are decidedly on the light side, but some of the volumes are stronger.”

Thank you, DAL, I thought you might be referring to some kind of package deal that included both series when you wrote "I saw an email where it’s supposed to be included along with the Interpretation series."  Did the e-mail mention them both in a bundle?

BTW, the Carson comments are helpful. Thank you!

Posts 6594
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 11:20 AM

No bundle.  They could be purchased with a special coupon for Black Friday.

DAL

PS. Sorry, I just saw the email and it was an exclusive VIP coupon code that gave 60% off those two series.  Each series could be purchased separately.  I don’t get the exclusive part, since I‘ve own both series for quite a while.

Posts 499
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 11:24 AM

Thank you, DAL

Posts 3323
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 4:01 PM

I snagged this for $50 with the connect monthly code

great series thus far

https://www.logos.com/product/186411/lexham-geographic-commentaries 

Posts 5170
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 4:27 PM

Paul Caneparo:

YoI can stack you connect subscriber 25%off  Lexham monthly coupon on top of the 40%off to make it a better price if there is something that appeals in the Lexham offer. 

Posts 2307
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 5:03 PM

I added some Lexham volumes.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS