Tools for recording teaching the Bible

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 159
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 29 2019 7:35 PM

Does anyone know the software used in the Look At The Book Labs series by John Piper?  If you don't have the series, it's the type of software that you can use to record yourself while highlighting or making notes in a book of the thre bible.  It's seems a wonderful method to teach but I'm not sure of the tools used.

Posts 2861
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 8:18 PM

According to forum member Kevin Purcell, the app he uses is called "Bible Mark Up."

https://www.kevinpurcell.org/bible-mark-up-app/

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 6594
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2019 5:11 AM

Accordance has a new feature called “whiteboard mode.” when you enable it, you can mark up anything showing in your screen (e.g. graphics tab, with Bible, commentary and lexicon or anything that’s opened on your screen within the app). Once you’re done you can save a screenshot or hit the eraser. button and it clears all the markings.

It’d be nice if Logos had something like that, but they won’t even implement pictures that zoom in and out within the sermon editor or all their graphics for that matter.  Logos needs major, serious, extreme improvement in their graphics department but they never listen. Sad, indeed!

DAL

Posts 10130
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2019 5:39 AM

DAL:

a new feature called “whiteboard mode.” when you enable it, you can mark up anything showing in your screen (e.g. graphics tab, with Bible, commentary and lexicon or anything that’s opened on your screen within the app). Once you’re done you can save a screenshot or hit the eraser. button and it clears all the markings.

It’d be nice if Logos had something like that

Sounds like they copied the F8 mode of Logos.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 6594
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2019 8:59 AM

Is there a way to change the pen’s color and thickness on the drawing board mode? I don’t see any options.  Are there any emojis, pictures, labels, etc. one can add?

DAL

Posts 1660
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2019 9:57 AM

Spinning the scroll wheel on my mouse changes the colors for me.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 6594
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2019 10:05 AM

Rick:

Spinning the scroll wheel on my mouse changes the colors for me.

Mine’s a laptop so my mouse is different.  It’d be nice to have a small context menu on a corner to choose colors and thickness of line and or highlights for the drawing mode function.  Even better, to include the ability to highlight and still be able to click on hyperlinks.

DAL

Posts 159
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2019 12:33 PM

Thanks for all the great responses.  As it turns out, Powerpoint lets me do the same thing in Windows 360 so it works out perfectly.   Very excited to put it to use. 

Posts 6594
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2019 1:11 PM

I took my stylus pen and played around a bit, since my laptop is a touch screen one.  For underlining and highlighting is great; but then again, I don't yet know how to change pen colors and thickness.  I'm sure I'll have time to do that one of these days :-)

With power point, I played a little too, but you have to be careful not to alter text.  Just do the markings and then you can either save the markings or close power point and not save the markings.  If you keep the markings and then don't want them, you have to take out the eraser and erase one at a time.  Unless there's something I don't know to erase everything completely.  Oh well, I'll have to play with that more when I have time.

DAL

Posts 131
jwsheets | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2019 5:33 PM

You can do the same thing with Camcasia

Posts 3323
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2019 7:12 PM

Never knew about this! Thx

https://wiki.logos.com/Drawing_Mode 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS