Cyber Monday Bust

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 643
Jim | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 2 2019 11:46 AM

After following the links in the emails for Cyber Monday deals, the page showed a huge clock that said deal ends in 13 hours or so. I selected a few items, put them in the cart and planned to come back later to add more items if the deals offered later were on something I wanted. When I came back a few hours later and went to check out, the prices in the cart changed back to regular prices. So apparently the clock had nothing to do with the deals I was offered.

Can you not bother to explain what you are doing better than this? I cancelled everything. You'll get no purchases from me today.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 10130
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 11:55 AM

Jim:
apparently the clock had nothing to do with the deals I was offered.

There is a Cyber Monday deal open throughout the day (very interesting rebates on mobile Ed courses etc) plus there's an hourly changing section of the page running from 6.00 am PST to 6 pm PST with deals that only last for one hour. The page calls this section "hourly", "this hours deals" and the aspect of hourly deals even features prominently in the Cyber Monday logo in the top of the page.  

I've no idea if customer service may be able to help you with that.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 990
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 11:56 AM

In another thread they said you can contact sales and they will be able to help you if you missed an hourly deal.

Posts 18010
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 12:02 PM

New this year are Cyber Monday deals that are only available for an hour. The line under huge clock in large type is "This Hour's Deals" (need to manually refresh page after hour boundary to see change in resources available).

Suggest contacting Faithlife sales team => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/186687/1077636.aspx#1077636

FYI: thus far one Cyber Monday hour had caused my wallet to cry Crying while Thankful for The Care of Souls: Cultivating a Pastor’s Heart (Logos Edition) addition to my library (from Lexham Press website with December's connect coupon code to reduce 50% Cyber Monday sale price).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 148
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 12:03 PM

I also had something in my cart and I was interrupted for a few minutes and then came back and pressed "place this order" and the price had changed. I guess if all we had to do was watch the Cyber Monday clock, we could take advantage of the sale prices.  

Posts 10329
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 1:38 PM

MWW:
I guess if all we had to do was watch the Cyber Monday clock

Maybe that's what Logos marketing does at work? I'm retired and I didn't bother to even fav the web page. I can't imagine the mathematics  .... a book you want ... at a price you can afford ... that you don't own .... that's better than your next choice .... by the hour.

Posts 802
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 1:51 PM

I'll admit I was a bit confused by what was what. I had read about the hourly deals ahead of time, so I knew I needed to look for an hourly thing. But with the clock counting down, I can see how one would think everything on the page was valid all day long. Customer service is usually very gracious in such matters, however.

Posts 2091
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 2:42 PM

From the other side of the world looks like those of us here missed half the sale.  Well, half is left!  

Posts 643
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2019 9:56 AM

My main reason for posting was to alert Faithlife that their graphic design was deceptive with the hope that the next time they do this, there will be more thought put into it. I would have put the hourly deal at the top with a notice that "These prices expire at hh.mm, and a note that any sale item in your cart will expire too. Then below that put the big clock for the other deals offered below it. The way it was done wasted my time with its lack of clarity. I don't have more time to spend on this.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 2861
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2019 12:04 PM

I suspect a big part of the problem is folks being used to Amazon.com's lightning deals, which have a running clock on your webpage showing exactly how much time you have left to get the listed sale price. Admittedly, putting an X-hour clock right above the one-hour-only deals was a bonehead move, since the general populace has been conditioned to the Amazon practice.

While FL's marketing folk are sometimes overzealous, I'm certain they didn't intend to be confusing on this. Hopefully they'll take the Amazon effect into consideration next time.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS