I just got a huge scare!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 4 2019 11:13 PM

Opened up Personal Books and saw this and nearly had a heart attack.

\

Turned out Logos was just being slow, and the PB panel eventually populated.

Faithlife, do you think perhaps you shouldn't put that message up until after you've determined that indeed the user has no PBs? I mean, leave it blank during the loading process in case things go slowly.

Posts 326
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2019 8:19 AM

Did you keep those books archived only within Logos? That would spook me too. I recommend backing up anything you've written on multiple hard drives and maybe a cloud service!

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2019 11:50 AM

Chrisser:

Did you keep those books archived only within Logos? That would spook me too. I recommend backing up anything you've written on multiple hard drives and maybe a cloud service!

No, I have all the .docx files, and they are backed up on a separate hard drive. But it would still be a ton of work rebuilding them all, and some of the metadata (comments I've put in about the origin of the text -- e.g., a Logos forum user) would be irretrievable. I have over 200 PBs.

Posts 25570
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2019 2:20 PM

Rosie Perera:
No, I have all the .docx files, and they are backed up on a separate hard drive. But it would still be a ton of work rebuilding them all, and some of the metadata (comments I've put in about the origin of the text -- e.g., a Logos forum user) would be irretrievable.

You could have your own backup of ...Logos\Documents\random\PersonalBooks as additional security for the PB tool data on the Faithlife server.

To avoid recompiling the books, though, you could Upload them or backup the *.lbspbb files in your Resources folder.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 326
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2019 7:25 AM

Rosie Perera:

Chrisser:

No, I have all the .docx files, and they are backed up on a separate hard drive. But it would still be a ton of work rebuilding them all, and some of the metadata (comments I've put in about the origin of the text -- e.g., a Logos forum user) would be irretrievable. I have over 200 PBs.

Oh i see. That would be very tedious.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS