Van Til & page numbers

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1244
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 5 2019 8:43 PM

Is there a reason why Van Til's books do not have page numbers? 

Posts 1120
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2019 9:45 PM

It's a long-standing request. I brought the issue up 5 years ago, and I probably wasn't the first.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/185237.aspx 

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/168919.aspx

Etc.

From what I recall, these are very old resources from when Logos didn't attend to putting in everything like page numbers and indices like they do nowadays. The first linked thread suggests there are some rights or other technical issues delaying them from fixing them.

Posts 518
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2019 7:18 AM

One of the problems is that this collection was produced by a third party back in the Logos 2.1 good old days. I imagine it would be a lot of work to go back and redo all the files. Originally the whole collection was one large file, Logos finally broke it up into individual book files, but I don't think any additional tagging was done at that time.

Posts 40
George Simopoulos | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2019 8:10 AM

It's been an annual tradition of mine to raise the issue. Glad to see there are others clamouring for the page numbers.

Posts 1244
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2019 8:17 AM

For some reason the forum search is broken for me.... it just returns errors. Otherwise I would have bumped the other posts.....

It's inconceivable to me that a set like Van Til would not have page numbers. How can you accurately cite quotations in papers without a page numbers?  Especially a guy like Van Til!

Posts 1055
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2019 9:26 AM

These are by far the most requested titles to get page numbers added.

There are many reasons why we haven't been able to go back and add them ... until now.

The good news is we're in process of adding them. I don't have an ETA but they'll start appearing in titles in 2020.

Posts 1120
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2019 5:06 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

These are by far the most requested titles to get page numbers added.

There are many reasons why we haven't been able to go back and add them ... until now.

The good news is we're in process of adding them. I don't have an ETA but they'll start appearing in titles in 2020.

Good to hear you've got this straightened out! Many people will be happy about it.

Posts 1244
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2019 9:23 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Great news! 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS