Page 5 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 89 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 7:16 PM

Garrett Mercury:
It would be cool if we could insert our own sound bite file. 

Enough digging and you could. But that would probably violate the EULA --- reverse engineering

Whatever sound it makes would still wake up the baby in the middle of the night.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1
Joel Elowsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 27 2012 9:50 AM

Please get rid of it. If I have to reinstall I always forget to shut it off, and it usually plays at a time when I least want it to.

Thanks.

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 27 2012 10:34 AM

You should set a default theological profile that determines the startup sound:

Reformed- unaccompanied psalm singing

Roman- gregorian chanting

Evangelical (mainstream) - praise band

Baptist- alter call 

Quaker - absolute silence

On a serious note I like it as it is.

Posts 1
Michael Cone | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 2 2014 8:39 AM

I'm a software developer by trade, and I've learned from working with customers that a splash sound with music is rarely a good idea.  A musical sound made without permission is generally perceived as an unwelcome intrusion into personal space.  I have come to agree with my customers, and am very careful to leave musical melodies out of the splashes in my programs.

Whenever I start Logos, I am habitually hitting the mute button on my Logitech keyboard.  Thank you for those who shared how to turn this sound off.

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 2 2014 9:42 AM

I kind of like the sound and as long as the ability to turn it off is there I don't see why anyone would really have a problem with it.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 2 2014 12:57 PM

Wow, this thread is ancient. 

I keep my speakers muted unless I need them for something. I guess as a result I wasn't aware of Logos making a sound. 

Libronix seemed to have a particularly loud one. Ear-splitting. 

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 2 2014 3:33 PM

Not necessarily bothersome, but i personally would not include it.  my wife doesn't seem to like the sound when she hears it.

Generally, I only want sound when I click play on something.

Posts 1
Alan Tarjan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 6:56 AM

New to Logos -- just installed a base pkg. last night.  The sound was the first thing I noticed that needed to be dealt with.  It is way TOO LOUD, and reminded me of someone new to computers posting their first video on Youtube.  I looked for a volume control within the application, but haven't found one yet.  Sure, I can turn it off via your Program Settings --> General --> Play Sounds control, but I don't know if that would disable all sounds within the Logos application?  (books, teachings, videos, etc.)  I could definitely control it with the Windows 7 volume control, but that messes with all the other programs -- TV shows, mp3's, streaming services, podcasts, etc.  I'll probably just disable it if I can't find a sound control withing Logos. 

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 7:44 AM

Alan Tarjan:
Sure, I can turn it off via your Program Settings --> General --> Play Sounds control, but I don't know if that would disable all sounds within the Logos application?  (books, teachings, videos, etc.) 

Turning off "Play Sounds" doesn't affect the "Read Aloud" feature, or other audio/video material within Logos.

Alan Tarjan:
I'll probably just disable it if I can't find a sound control withing Logos. 

There is no volume control within Logos. But in my experience, the other audio in Logos is not louder than other audio found on my computer or elsewhere.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 10:51 AM

I don't mind it.  It's much better than the one that was in L3 which was so loud it made me about jump out of my seat.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 5 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS