Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 31 of 33 (659 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next >
This post has 658 Replies | 37 Followers

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 5:21 AM

in  few cases, there are names, like Bauer-Aland.  Mostly just initials TDNT (that one I know) 

Posts 18401
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 7:16 AM

Larry Craig:

Again, something that should have been fixed in Logos 3 or 4.

I have exegetical guide open.  I'm doing the word for word, and I am looking for a Greek lexicon for the patristic era.  I know I have at least one.  

I have 32 Greek resources listed here, all by initials.  When I hover over them, I still get the initials.

Initials are Abbreviated Titles, which can be customized plus prioritized that shows in Word by Word order in Exegetical Guide:

Concur hover over "initials" shows pop-up from resource with Abbreviated Title, which would could be improved by showing sample with Title.

Edit: personally been customizing resource titles & abbreviated titles along with prioritizing since Logos 4.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 8:20 AM

thank you

you made me smile

that works

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 9:35 AM

I have been a Logos user for about 13 years.  I have spent hours and hours trying to make it more usable.

For example, I had a passage guide with a hundred titles Gospel of John.or something like that.  I added author names and series titles so I can see at a glance what I'm looking at.

I have thousands and thousands of monographs.  I added author names in most cases and put them in collections that Logos should have already done.  For example, I shouldn't have to create a collection for Ephesians with all the monographs that deal with that letter.  I did that for all the books of the Bible.  Why?  Passage guides should have a section that pulls all the monographs that deal with that book.  Not some random reference in a book, but whole books that deal with Ephesians.  

I just spent time changing the short titles to my Greek lexicons so that in an exegetical guide I could make sense of the book titles listed.  

I am surprised that things like this weren't corrected or changed years ago.

Posts 1
Troy Vanderschel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 9:58 AM

I love workflows and the 9 steps you have pre-configured for a study of a bible verse, but it would be very helpful for me to add a 10th, 11th or 12th step beyond the default steps.

Right now I have just the basic version, and basic features, but would upgrade to a newer version IF workflows allowed me to add extra steps.

Thanks

Troy

Posts 1
Dru Lattin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2020 9:17 AM

Suggestions for Sermon Editor: 

• Make a reading/preaching mode, with full screen, page by page navigation. MS Word has this, where the formatting is preserved, but you can zoom in text (with reflow) and flip through pages, rather than scrolling. It's amazing, and a bit absurd that Logos doesn't have a view like this. I preach directly from my Windows convertible laptop. 

• Better support for outlines.

• Better support for touchscreen navigation in Sermon editor. 

Bringing some polish and functionality to the sermon editor would indeed make L9 irresistible. 

Posts 20
Don Kolafa | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2020 1:47 PM

I would like facilities for formal presentations, aka PowerPoint/Proclaim, or allow PPT/Proclaim applications to alternately share the screen. An augmented 'Reading View' would help.

Increasingly, I am using Logos as a dynamic presentation vehicle to lead small-groups.  My home page is a simple display with only two panels: a narrow left-hand panel with control assists and a much larger main display. (I also make extensive use of the 'Shortcut' bar.)

The NARROW control panel has only a few tabs:

1. FAVORITES with a structure of folders and sub-folders for quick access to the specific study components, such as passages, commentary,  otes, and external links to miscellaneous documents, PowerPoint presentations and internet links.
2. HISTORY for quick return to a prior display.
3. HIGHLIGHTING for quick access to an extended range of highlighting tools.

The MAIN panel has tabs for:
1. Four primary Bible versions and their corresponding commentaries all linked together.
2. Special personal books, such as the Serendipity Bible, Bible outlines, personal notes.
3. Personal book of specially prepared study guides for each study.

I use the FAVORITES tab to create each page in a presentation for discussion,  selecting page after page ... replicating PowerPoint presentation operations when we met in the home.

I have tried using the 'Reading View' but find myself returning to the normal Logos screen to re-select the next display. What I like about Reading View is that the panel tabs become available by hovering off-screen at the display top. I don't like that it is too anxious to switch to multiple columns ... even with a large font.

In much the same way the tab headings are available by hovering off-screen above, I would like to see something like FAVORITES and/or Shortcuts available when the cursor hovers at the left margin.

It would also be very convenient to display a passage in a normal Bible tab: if a range is indicated, e.g. Dt 7:1-4 it should not fill the screen with later verses.

Posts 3
George Neverov | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2020 3:51 PM

Hello Logos Project Leaders, Technical Leads, Developers

please help us with the following improvements:

1. Ability to delete the existing highlights from the notes section by selecting a batch or groups or all highlights.  Perhaps right click menu on the group and delete with confirmation.

2. ability to adds multi-column table to the notes to gather information better. please. I can’t wait.. :)

3.please add a function to export notes into Word.

4. please add a document group to organize lessons or the lesson plans similarly to the notes.  please enable a function to organize lessons in subfolders that we can maintain documents to teach our small groups in an organized manner.

5. please allow as to import PDFs Into the lesson plans.

6. please allow us to import word documents into the lesson plans.

7. Please organize highlights in a better way so it would not overwhelm me when I open my notes section.  I have millions of highlights and I am scarred to open the notes section to see so many highlights.

8. please can you add enabling/disabling or show/no-show my highlights per book or per section or per a custom group.  Something should like the filters with show/hide option.  The difference is that my highlights and markings with symbols so detailed that sometimes when I teach, I want to hide my highlights and keywords and later to show then after discussion is done.

these requests are regarding the Logos App for Windows or MacOS.

thank you!!

Posts 55
oldpaths | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2020 5:30 PM

The ability to export sermon slides into JPEGs or PNG files. 

The ability to duplicate a sermon document.  

Posts 7285
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 7:17 PM

Here’s more on sermon editor this time mobile app: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/191956.aspx 

DAL

Posts 1981
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 7:33 PM

It would also be fun if Logos did a reboot of the old 16 Bit Logos Bible Clips, 3D Logos Bible Atlas, and Logos Lesson Builder, but fully modern, up-to-date, and fully integrated into Logos (I know Logos currently as Atlas and Media and Sermon Builder, but not all of the features of the legacy programs made it over).

Nathan Parker

Posts 7285
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 7:54 PM

Nathan Parker:

It would also be fun if Logos did a reboot of the old 16 Bit Logos Bible Clips, 3D Logos Bible Atlas, and Logos Lesson Builder, but fully modern, up-to-date, and fully integrated into Logos (I know Logos currently as Atlas and Media and Sermon Builder, but not all of the features of the legacy programs made it over).

Yes!

Posts 3911
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 8:18 PM

DAL:

Nathan Parker:

Yes!

Seconded!!!

Posts 55
oldpaths | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2020 5:56 AM

Either get rid of the logo near the home button or make it useful for something.

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2020 6:33 AM

Ryland Brown:

Either get rid of the logo near the home button or make it useful for something.

Yes

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2020 6:45 AM

1. Get rid of this sliding bar on the mobile navigation. 

You've got 1,500 chapters on a two-inch slider. It's almost useless for navigating at the chapter level. 

2. Replace it with a chapter up, chapter down arrow.

When you have multiple, synced commentaries open, and you finish reading one of them, you have to manually scroll back to the beginning of the chapter each and every time you want to slide to a new resource. A simple up/down arrow would allow you to quickly reset to the beginning of the chapter.

Posts 1737
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2020 7:32 AM

God bless all your efforts. For 9 I wish as I have for years a Bible Study mode with pre selected books, templates, maps, pronunciation guide, dictonary, etc that make a common Bible study person effective and useful in a round group study going passage by passage through scripture. Take a look at THE QUEST STUDY BIBLE for an example you can expand upon.  Keep it simple and useful without a lot of rabbit trails and side study offshoots.

I challenge you in Christ Jesus and offer my prayers to God you will wholly revamp and simplify the basic guts of the program.

Glory to God...Jesus lead on.

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2020 8:47 AM

JoshInRI:

God bless all your efforts. For 9 I wish as I have for years a Bible Study mode with pre selected books, templates, maps, pronunciation guide, dictonary, etc that make a common Bible study person effective and useful in a round group study going passage by passage through scripture. Take a look at THE QUEST STUDY BIBLE for an example you can expand upon.  Keep it simple and useful without a lot of rabbit trails and side study offshoots.

I challenge you in Christ Jesus and offer my prayers to God you will wholly revamp and simplify the basic guts of the program.

Glory to God...Jesus lead on.

Thanks for your input. 

The Faithlife Study Bible is kind of like this, and it's included in Logis 8 Basic: Faithlife Study Bible

Aside from that, if anyone knows of a chapter-by-chapter Bible summary that's better than these two works, please let me know.

Summarized Bible by Keith L. Brooks:New TestamentOld Testament

With the Word by Wiersbe

I checked out the Quest Bible a bit. They seem to follow the cultural relevance philosophy on 1 Timothy 2:11-15, but were pretty solid on 1 Peter 3. While it helps to know what was going on in the culture of the time the Bible was written, I'm very leary about works that try to dismiss the relevance of the Bible on the grounds that it was "just for that culture". This is especially true when the passage itself bases the reasons on the order of God in creation, and the roles of man and woman in the fall, as it does in 1 Timothy 2:11-15.

Posts 299
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2020 7:57 PM

Will it be possible - again - in Logos 9 to attach a note to a Greek lemma?!

That would be sooo nice, for word studies!!

Btw, this has been possible in the past (maybe Logos 6 or 7?), but the feature apparently disappeared Crying

Posts 66
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2020 8:46 PM

You can add a lemma as an anchor point now. Is that different from what you are talking about?

Page 31 of 33 (659 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > | RSS