Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 32 of 33 (659 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next >
This post has 658 Replies | 37 Followers

Posts 22860
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2020 11:29 PM

Tom Vidal:

You can add a lemma as an anchor point now. Is that different from what you are talking about?

Yes, you can use them as an anchor point but there is no indication that this has been done in the resources (discussed in https://community.logos.com/forums/t/185249.aspx)

Posts 66
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 13 2020 8:04 AM

Oh, yes. I see that. Yes, I agree this would be helpful to have fixed!

Posts 7285
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 7:31 AM

Please add the ability to create our own timelines or add dates and events to Logos’s already existing timeline.  It’d be nice to be able to visualize our own information and project it on a screen 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 7285
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 7:35 AM

Here’s an odd request: Get rid of the canvas tool! Some asked for the ability to create mind maps and it has been marked as “completed” in the user’s suggestion but that is far from the truth! Get rid of canvas and create some other tool instead or improve the sermon editor as has been requested for years.

Thanks!

DAL

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 8:36 AM

DAL:

Please add the ability to create our own timelines or add dates and events to Logos’s already existing timeline.  It’d be nice to be able to visualize our own information and project it on a screen 👍😁👌

DAL

Yes.

Posts 1981
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2020 11:01 PM

Three Things:

1. In the mobile app, the app still occasionally automatically loads notes when opening books even if I've toggled them off. Since I have some hefty notes tied to Bibles, this dramatically reduces my performance when opening some Bibles when this occurs. I need a way to permanently set notes to books to not automatically load and allow me to toggle on notes for books when I want to.

2. Text occasionally cuts off on the iPad. Force quitting and relaunching the app or toggling the iPad's orientation generally resolves the issue, but it's hugely annoying. I really want this resolved permanetly.

3. I wish Logos would get rid of the large banners at the top of the home screen permanently. Once I had one appear since I joined the Precept group on Faithlife, once I received a Chinese one since I had purchased a free Chinese Bible, I received the COVID banner, and now I'm seeing one for my seminary since my seminary account is linked with my Logos account to ensure I'll receive all of the free books my seminary offers. These banners are simply annoying, especially when I've paid $$$$ for Logos and have a Connect membership on top of it and these look like "ads". Just. Get. Rid. Of. Them.

Nathan Parker

Posts 10
James Matthew Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2020 6:22 PM

Make a training course for free on how to use logos to the best ability it can be used, and dont refer people to MP seminars, and make it an included thing with an upgrade or new base package purchase. 

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2020 6:29 PM

You can go to logos.com/pro and get almost every video you'll need.  I like them a lot better than MP videos.  Better to learn with 5 minute videos than in a 'course' where you have to take a lot of notes.  Just work your way through the videos.  

Posts 3711
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2020 6:55 PM

James Matthew Johnson:
Make a training course for free on how to use logos to the best ability it can be used, and dont refer people to MP seminars, and make it an included thing with an upgrade or new base package purchase.

FL offers a free Mobile Ed course, LT271: Study the Bible with Logos: Jonah 1. It covers many of the common Logos tools and features that a person would use to study the bible.

It used to be included in feature sets (which are the non-library part of a base package). Although it's still available separately, I imagine it's been unbundled because it's several years old now and some features (such as Notes and the right-click menu) have radically changed in the meantime.

Maybe Logos 9 will include a new Study the Bible with Logos course?

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 1981
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2020 7:33 PM

James Matthew Johnson:

I believe MP Seminars also includes a free overview course in Logos as well.

LearnLogos.com also offers free live webinars. I've learned a ton from them.

Nathan Parker

Posts 3911
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2020 5:56 AM

James Matthew Johnson:

Agreed.  The quickstart videos are nice but I cannot think that it would do anything but help sales if they had something better showing how to use the software.  I love Logos and it has taken me time to learn it but not all are willing to do that.  The video doesn't have to be complex but something showing what each feature is and how to use it I think would be great.

Posts 2
David English | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2020 10:42 AM

Honestly, if logos 9 scrolled in 60+ frames I would be content. Preferable able to match any variable refresh rate on every platform.

Posts 294
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 6:51 PM

I know I am late to this party so this is probably redundant but I'd enjoy two upgrades, one for desktop and one for mobile:

desktop - more useful, configurable print function.  It is all over the place as far as things like font size and limited margin choices, depending on the kind of document.  I printed out a list of prayers today that came out in a huge font with poor spacing and a small subsection of Proverbs that did print better but did not allow me to change the margin to allow one last line on the page.  There wasn't much I could unless I wanted to dump into Word and work from there, which I don't.  :-D

mobile - visual filters would be very exciting!  I gave up most of my direct highlighting a while back and now I create visual filters for whatever words I am studying in a resource.  Having that on my iPhone would be really useful.  I realize it is probably resource-intensive but phones are getting more capable so I am putting it out there with hope.  :-)

Thanks for asking!

K

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 105
Donnie Vick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2020 8:56 AM

are we there yet?

Posts 2
Dr. Bill Patterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2020 12:01 PM

I would love a neural interface without the prosthetics. :)

Seriously, I am glad you have expanded to pastoral studies areas such as counseling, leadership, missions and preaching. Along with the go to guys you already have for preaching, look at Dr. Matthew Kim.  He has recently released some work and additional is coming in 2021.

I am currently running a MacBookPro 2019 Four thunderbolt 3 ports with 512 GB SSD.  Storage is always an issue. What are you looking at for compression capabilities that would save hd but not sacrifice speed?

Years ago you had a good interface with what is now Igniter media. That connectivity declined several years ago.

Next Gen. will not appreciate how much time Logos saves them each week. I've been using your material since Libronix first came out. My seminary requires Logos 8 Gold. More upfront transparency on training for new comers would save some hrs for those of us that teach.

Your Canvas tool might be confusing to those using Canvas for online classes.

Buggy?  I keep losing the ability to see the parsing of a word when I hover it in the biblical text.

Love the product and the resources. Don't bloat it with so much material that is copy write free.  Offer that for free downloads to those that want it.

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 2:05 PM

I would like to be able to have the English and Greek apostolic fathers linked so that I can highlight and make notes across both versions.

It seems too that I am unable to open a passage guide for these texts either.  Aren't there commentaries available for the AP?

That would be good.

thank you

Posts 29136
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 2:48 PM

Larry Craig:
It seems too that I am unable to open a passage guide for these texts either. 

I commented in the other thread that the reverse interlinear is available. For Passage Guides, there is underlying coding required from Faithlife to make this possible. I would expect the resources that are canonical in some traditions to be handled before the non-canonical church Fathers. Note 1 & 2 Clement are canonical for the Copts.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 4:10 PM

Ever hear of Albert Sundberg?.  He was a professor I think at Garrett Seminar in Evanston IL.  His field of specialty was the canon, or least that's what he's written the most about.  He spoke a lot of how the early church regarded a lot of writings as inspired that never made the canon.  His point was that the canon is not the total of inspired works, but the standard (canon) for them.

Posts 2575
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2020 5:42 AM

What about download between options?  

What if we add a day not to index on? 

Thus during the week we might not care if Logos downloads and indexes or not. 

But on the day of church service please do not start the indexer.  [Especially if I am giving the sermon / homily and am using my laptop to preach] 

We just might want to download one last resource before service but please hold the indexer.

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2020 6:59 AM

David Ames:

What about download between options?  

What if we add a day not to index on? 

Thus during the week we might not care if Logos downloads and indexes or not. 

But on the day of church service please do not start the indexer.  [Especially if I am giving the sermon / homily and am using my laptop to preach] 

We just might want to download one last resource before service but please hold the indexer.

Yes. Until then, you can use the pause indexing for four hours option.

Page 32 of 33 (659 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > | RSS