Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 21
Michael_H | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 18 2019 3:48 AM

Hi,

I have got a collection of sermon outlines, some on particular passages, some topical. How can I turn them into one PBB such that it would appear under "sermon outlines" in the Sermon Starter Guide, for example.

What "tags" would I need to add when preparing the docx file so that Logos would recognize these as sermon outlines?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Michael

Posts 2113
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 7:35 AM

Not sure how to make it appear in the sermon starter guide.  But you can create one or more pbb easily but making the outlines in docx format.

Posts 398
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 9:53 AM

This is not a solution, just a direction:

I remember that in the past it was possible to use a Label "Sermon Outline". The labeled outline will then be available in the Context Menu. I just mimicked the Sermon Outline Label as visible when you click on an existing sermon outline. I used this to send my personal outlines to sermon documents. I do not know if this is still possible and if there is maybe a Label trick that can accomplish this.

You can also customize the Sermon Starter Guide and add a Collection that contains your Personal Books. This is the way I would go if I face this problem. Did not test it, but believe it would work.

Posts 398
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 10:07 AM
  1. Use the Milestone in word [[@Bible:Reference]] to mark outlines.
  2. Create your Personal Book as a Bible Commentary.
  3. Create a Collection with that Book.
  4. Customize the Sermon Starter Guide to use the Collection.

It works fine...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS