Not sure how to word a search

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 434
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 23 2019 7:07 AM

What I am trying to find out is the Roman Catholic church's view on eschatology (i.e. historicist - preterist - futurist - spiritualist?)

How would I phrase such a search? Or would it be better for me to just look for an RC "systematic theology" directly? If yes, do you have specific resources you'd recommend?

Any thoughts? THANKS! Smile

Posts 2235
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2019 8:57 AM

Here are 5 ideas:

Search eschatology NEAR Catholic in Theology resources and journals

Set up a special collection of Modern Catholic theologies... see systematic theologies tool and then perform the above search.

Use the Theology guide

Use the Topic Guide.. eschatology

Use Fact Book... eschatology

The results will depend largely on your resources. I think if you have Catholic Theologies that would prove the best. 

Posts 27638
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2019 5:03 PM

If you have any of the following resources, put them in a Catholic Standard References and search as John Fidel suggested:

• Catechism of the Catholic Church
  • Sources of Catholic Dogma by Henry Denzinger
  • Faith of the Early Fathers by W. A. Jurgens
  • Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma by Ludwig Ott
  • The Fathers Know Best by Jimmy Akin

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3322
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2019 5:16 PM

MJ. Smith:

If you have any of the following resources, put them in a Catholic Standard References and search as John Fidel suggested:

• Catechism of the Catholic Church
  • Sources of Catholic Dogma by Henry Denzinger
  • Faith of the Early Fathers by W. A. Jurgens
  • Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma by Ludwig Ott
  • The Fathers Know Best by Jimmy Akin

YesYes

Puer natus est nobis. Merry Christmas!

Catholic Products Forum - Book Suggestions UserVoice - Verbum Blog

Posts 1
Rev Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2020 1:20 PM

I'm trying to get the Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma by Ludwig Ott - it is showing on the app, there is a 'learn more' but no 'buy' button.

Posts 620
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2020 1:57 PM

Rev Martin:

I'm trying to get the Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma by Ludwig Ott - it is showing on the app, there is a 'learn more' but no 'buy' button.

That resource is currently unavailable. See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/180933.aspx 

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS