Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:18 PM

I am seeing it in the Mike's videos as well, I am about 49 minutes into 03 and his voice was noticeably softer when it went from the talking head to the Logos screen. It isn't as pronounced or as often (IMHO) as in Johnnie's set. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that it sounded like a different miking set up between the two scenes. 

At 54 minutes, it became noticeably louder

Posts 21
Norman Low | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:38 PM

In Greek 7 the audio volume also changes between the talking head and the demo portions.

Posts 20
LogosEmployee
Mike Heiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 10:30 AM

yep - this is a direct result of the bare bones funding we got for this. The project began as an experiment for us, so some things like the audio sound level aren't what we'd like.  Another reason I have referred to the videos as our "first crack" at this sort of thing.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 10:53 AM

Michael Heiser:

yep - this is a direct result of the bare bones funding we got for this. The project began as an experiment for us, so some things like the audio sound level aren't what we'd like.  Another reason I have referred to the videos as our "first crack" at this sort of thing.

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with this...

This page states regarding the promo video: "Note: These are unfinished previews, and the audio quality does not reflect the audio quality of the finished product. This is simply a demo."

Is this statement then a complete fabrication? Was there ever an intention of improving the audio? Is this the quality of video and audio I should expect from logos? In terms of video material, Logos has lost me as a customer. I cannot believe that Logos would hype something to such a degree while giving it only "bare bones" funding.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 31943
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:12 PM

Michael Heiser:
Another reason I have referred to the videos as our "first crack" at this sort of thing.

What ever happened to the "put your best foot forward" approach? or "make a good first impression"?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:19 PM

This page states regarding the promo video: "Note: These are unfinished previews, and the audio quality does not reflect the audio quality of the finished product. This is simply a demo."

Is this statement then a complete fabrication? Was there ever an intention of improving the audio? Is this the quality of video and audio I should expect from logos? In terms of video material, Logos has lost me as a customer. I cannot believe that Logos would hype something to such a degree while giving it only "bare bones" funding.

The Note is in reference to the Youtube videos on that page.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:25 PM

Michael Heiser:

Well, for bare bones funding, you did a great job. Right now for me, content is king and I am enjoying your video on the Word Study. 

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:29 PM

Tommy Ball:

The Note is in reference to the Youtube videos on that page.

I realized that it was a reference to the youtube videos. In fact, that was my point exactly. The audio sounds almost exactly the same between the youtube videos and the final production.  If you compare some scenes, the Youtube video could even be said to be much better than the final production copy.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS