8.10 SR-1 UX Bug: Locked Example Uses section links to help file

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3386
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 1 2020 11:08 AM

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/187321.aspx 

User-reported issue regarding feature-locked guide section opening to help file explaining what the section offers. A user would probably be more interested in knowing (that the section is unavailable, and) how to unlock that feature.

While the greyed-out section does have significance for FL employees, new users may not understand that means the section is unavailable. Perhaps add some type of (padlock?) icon with a tooltip explaining that the feature isn't licensed, along with a link to the store?

Another option might be to add a link in the help file that would also get the user to the appropriate product page, to eliminate Learn more from dead-ending at the help file.

8.10 SR-1 (8.10.0.0032)

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 3386
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2020 11:42 AM

Requested in the Logos 9 Wishlist, but something that can probably get fixed for Logos 8:

Lee Gordon:
As a new user, one of the perhaps bug-fixes or feature requests I would also appreciate, is that when your existing feature-set (e.g., "basic features") does not contain a reference necessary to populate a feature (e.g., "Example Uses" in the Bible Word Study option), that the a notification comes right out and says that, giving you a link to the set you need to upgrade to, to get that resource. This does happen sometimes, but not always.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 3386
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2020 10:22 AM

Do UX bugs get a case opened for them?

Posts 3386
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2020 12:19 AM

Does FL consider this a bug or a suggestion? Wondering if a case will be opened for it or not, thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS