Mark subforums read

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:51 PM

This is one more request for a mark SubForums read button. 

It's not so bad with PC beta being a subforum of L4, because I want to read it. (apologies to those who don't.)

However, I do not have the Learn to use.... titles and yet now unfortunately all of those posts from the Greek and hebrew side are showing up in my unread posts list.  I know I can manually load those forums individually and mark them as read, but I would sure love a scriptlet or a button that would take care of that for me. 

Any chance?

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 3:33 PM

+1 Yes

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 7:30 PM

Thomas Black:
I do not have the Learn to use.... titles

Same!

But now this sub-folder content haunts us as we can't mark it read and make it go away.

All we see is endless posts about poor quality Video product that was not fit for shipping.

Posts 19175
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 7:46 PM

JimT:

But now this sub-folder content haunts us as we can't mark it read and make it go away.

We can mark it read by going to each of those two forums and clicking "Mark as read" at the upper right. I know it's two clicks to get into each of them, so you might want to bookmark them as favorites (ironic, eh?) just so that you can easily mark them as read and then they won't be in your face when you're looking through the Unread current topics.

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:22 PM

Thomas Black:

Yes

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3733
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:52 PM

+1 Yes

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3733
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 10:43 AM

BillS:

+1 Yes

My preference would be to be able to mark them read on the main page via the forum in which they're sub-forums. If that won't work (as now), then I'd prefer not to have that forum included in the main page.

Blessings, & thanks for listening!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 4:03 AM

Thomas Black:

Yes, please do. The proliferation of sub forums makes reading these forums much more difficult. I am only interested in about 1/3 of these. Marking each individual sub-forum read is a frustrating process and the Logos server takes several seconds to complete the process with each forum. 

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 2:53 PM

I've been trying to figure out how to turn the "mark all read" scriptlet work with the forum URL.  Once I figure it out (if I figure it out) I'll post it and some instructions so people can choose which forums/subforums they don't want to read and have one button kill-em-all access.

Posts 19175
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 3:45 PM

Thomas Black:

I've been trying to figure out how to turn the "mark all read" scriptlet work with the forum URL.  Once I figure it out (if I figure it out) I'll post it and some instructions so people can choose which forums/subforums they don't want to read and have one button kill-em-all access.

That would be great, Thomas, if you could do that! I'm getting weary of the error-prone daily process of clicking on "Mark Forum Read" for each of the growing number of sub-forums (now I think 10 and counting) that I'm not interested. One slip of the mouse hand and you've marked a whole forum you are insterested in as read and then you're done for. Tongue Tied

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 4:54 PM

Rosie Perera:
One slip of the mouse hand and you've marked a whole forum you are insterested in as read and then you're done for. Tongue Tied
Yup, I've done that too many times as well. Blah.

I'm not a scriptlet guru by ANY measure of the idea.  In fact I'm just a neener-head with google skills.  Geeked  But I do hope to figure it out., I do have a rather confuscated idea but I have to get to Monday before I can do anything about it.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS