BUG: part tagging, part process?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28281
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 19 2020 2:44 AM

I am working with an analysis chart built by running a search on Mark 1:1-15 for verb:ANY in an analysis chart showing primarily semantic data. Two issues on the data for Mark 1:8:

Problem 1: Because two separate senses of the single verb are shown, all the entries associated with the verb are doubled. As the lemma already has both meanings, I don't see what the dual tagging is doing beyond complicating the data analysis, emphasizing a particular theological point, and/or implying that in this case I am incompetent to notice multiple senses. It's not as if all multiple senses are double coded.

Problem 2: Which I suspect is a side result of trying to specify meaning above.  On the second occurrence of the verb "baptize" only one sense is supplied "immerse". While immerse makes obvious sense when the substance is water, immersion in the Holy Spirit is a very tricky act to insure ... and I am quite sure is a mis-reading of the text. The misreading gets picked up by the search analysis and propagated across my data ... manual correction time. 

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28281
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2020 11:32 PM

bumping to nag

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28281
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2020 3:45 PM

rebumping

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS