BUG - Lexham Hebrew Bible - "corresponding words" issue

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 418
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 20 2020 9:12 AM

In the Lexham Hebrew Bible, with the "corresponding words" filter set to "same lemma" or "same root" -- when I click on any word that has a prefixed lamedh preposition, ALL words with the lamedh preposition are highlighted.  I would like to see all occurrences of the OBJECT of the preposition, not of the preposition itself. 

I haven't come across any other prefixes that work like this in the LHB, and I haven't yet found any other Hebrew Bibles that have this issue.

In this screenshot, I was trying to find other occurrences of NZR and clicked on the word highlighted in yellow:

Dell XPS 8930/Intel Core i7-8700@3.20GHz/32GB RAM/Win10 Pro

Trekstor Primebook/Celeron/4GB RAM/Win10 Home

iPad Air/Pixel/Faithlife Connect

Posts 28206
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2020 11:34 PM

bump this issue

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28206
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2020 3:44 PM

rebump

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28206
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 22 2020 11:51 PM

Okay - I asked that this be moved as two bumps and a message from another MVP did not get it noticed in the "General" forum. I have a whole week to plan the next escalation ... devious but not malicious I should think.

Posts 418
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 23 2020 10:07 AM

MJ, I appreciate your keeping this issue alive.

Posts 2940
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 12:04 PM

What you are asking for is the grammatical function, that's not how "corresponding selection" works. The preposition is the lemma.

Posts 418
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 12:59 PM

Thank you, Philana, for jumping in.  However, the lamedh prefixed-preposition is the only one I have found that works this way.  See the image attached, where a beth prefixed-preposition word is highlighted, but the filter doesn't "light up" another beth prefixed word a few lines down.

Posts 418
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 1:02 PM

Here's another example, where I clicked on the BDRK in the previous example, and other words with DRK lemma or root are highlighted.

Posts 2940
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 1:05 PM

Mary-Ellen:

Thank you, Philana, for jumping in.  However, the lamedh prefixed-preposition is the only one I have found that works this way.  See the image attached, where a beth prefixed-preposition word is highlighted, but the filter doesn't "light up" another beth prefixed word a few lines down.

So if there is more than one lemma it won't prefer the prefix since it's two lemmas.

Posts 418
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 1:27 PM

I think the beth prefix preposition works the way you describe, but the lamedh does not.  In my first example at the top of this thread, the word I had clicked on to trigger the filter was lamedh preposition+noun -- and all the other lamedh prepositions lit up, i.e., the prefix was preferred for this preposition.  The lamedh preposition creates a Bug-ish behavior, I think.

Posts 2940
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 3:51 PM

Mary-Ellen:

I think the beth prefix preposition works the way you describe, but the lamedh does not.  In my first example at the top of this thread, the word I had clicked on to trigger the filter was lamedh preposition+noun -- and all the other lamedh prepositions lit up, i.e., the prefix was preferred for this preposition.  The lamedh preposition creates a Bug-ish behavior, I think.

Hi Mary-Ellen,

I think you might be right. I'll write up a case.

Posts 418
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 7:03 PM

Thank you, Philana, for your close attention to detail!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS