Revised Common Lectionary

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
William Richardson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 23 2010 7:49 PM

Has anyone lost the lectionary?  I had it before the latest update, and not it's not showing up on the homepage, even though I have it checked on my customized list.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:05 PM

Does the ribbon on your home page have blue scroll arrows to the left and right of it? If so, maybe you've got more things on there than will fit all at once. Scroll to the right and see if you can find the lectionary there. You can rearrange the order of these items (by dragging them up/down in the Features section of the Customize menu) to make sure the lectionary will always show up on the first page worth of ribbon stuff. Or you can turn off some of the less important things and get it back down to one page.

I just noticed you're running on the Mac not Windows, so my advice might be irrelevant to you. The Mac alpha is not as far along as the Windows version so I'm not sure whether the ribbon scrolling stuff is implemented yet. And there could be a glitch I'm not aware of on the Mac side that made your lectionary disappear, so I'll defer to the Mac experts to answer you if what I suggested turns out not to be the problem.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:38 PM

William Richardson:

Has anyone lost the lectionary?  I had it before the latest update, and not it's not showing up on the homepage, even though I have it checked on my customized list.

More than likely you haven't lost it, you've just been bitten by the same Lectionary bug as every one else this week. When the Lectionary has more than 9 readings in it (as the RCL does this week), the Lectionary tool on the Home Page crashes. It'll manifest itself in other strange behavior, like typing in the command bar will hang the app.

This will be fixed in Alpha 23 due out on Monday, but to work around it for now you can just uncheck the Lectionary under the Customize button on the home page.

You can tell if you have the problem if you get this:

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 8
William Richardson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 2:18 PM

Thanks, Tom.  That's what my command bar looks like.  So, I'll wait for the fix on Monday.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS