OT and FWIW: Some doubts about Qumran, de Vaux, and even the Nephilim

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 794
JRS | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 30 2020 12:51 PM

This article appeared today (1/30/2020).  Just thought others might find it intriguing.

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 4889
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 2:57 PM

That site seems to be just a few clicks short of a full-fledged conspiracy theory site. I'm all for "getting at the truth" and making room for unrecognized facts, but conspiracy proponents don't seem to realize that expecting to find a conspiracy under every rock can soon enough lead folks to dismiss looking under rocks all together. Sensationalizing discovery is a hindrance to acceptance of discovery. The solution to being in a ditch in not to ramp across the road into the opposite ditch.

Posts 10770
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 3:53 PM

The Qumran lady is a bit hard to track down:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Gloria_Moss (scroll down about 2/3s to the Qumran/Essene/Theraputae articles.  She's in the healing side of the arguments (as also her article here), though most of her work isn't.

The idea of history dissonance tours comes as an invitation from historians who like to discuss history as 'of course I know'. But in this case, this author is using paper tigers long ago RIP. Qumran indeed has its dissonances; just not the ones discussed.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS