8.11 (8.11.0.0017) is now available

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 384
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 9:09 PM

The command "Create Sermon Named Reference | Title" creates a Document with Title "Reference | Title" visible in Documents Panel but the Open Sermon Document displays "Untitled Sermon".

Posts 25833
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 5:30 AM

The Command syntax you display indicates that the sermon can be named with a Reference or a Title e.g. Create Sermon named John 1, Create Sermon named MySermon-1.  Create Sermon will give you an Untitled Sermon.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5
Craig Haworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2020 9:45 AM

I'm not sure this is new to this release, but I don't remember it happening before upgrading...

When I open a saved layout, the sidebar panel in every resource is defaulting to closed, regardless of what state it was in when I saved the layout. Even when the layout icon (in the layout list) shows the sidebar TOC open in the displayed resources, they do not open in that state. This is specifically in regard to the TOC, I have not tested the notes sidebar panel. For larger layouts this can mean reopening a dozen or more TOC panels every time I load the layout.

It also seems that every resource now opens with the sidebar closed as a default state, regardless of the state it was in when last closed. As far as I remember this did not used to be the case. The sidebar used to reopen in whatever its last state was.

Was this an intentional change? Did I miss something in release notes? Is there a setting that adjusts this now? Having the sidebar state remembered was a real convenience and time saver.

Thanks so much for all your work, love my Logos!

I am running Logos 8.11.0.0017 on a MAC running 10.15.3.

Posts 28491
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2020 12:01 PM

Craig - It would be helpful for you to create a new thread. Try to provide as much information as you can. 

Truthfully, I do not know the answer to your question, but I do know that these sort of issues can be a bit tricky to track down. For example: What setting do you have when you open Logos? Are you opening to the layout in question? To a blank layout? To the home page? 

Do you have more than one computer? Is it possible that you have more than one installation running at the same time? 

After you use the layout, do you always "update" the layout before closing it? 

Knowing the answer to these sort of questions may be important in your case. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8607
LogosEmployee

Craig Haworth:
It also seems that every resource now opens with the sidebar closed as a default state, regardless of the state it was in when last closed. As far as I remember this did not used to be the case. The sidebar used to reopen in whatever its last state was.

This was a bug introduced in 8.11; see https://community.logos.com/forums/p/187849/1086119.aspx#1086119. It should be fixed in an upcoming release.

Posts 5
Craig Haworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2020 8:05 AM

Thanks. I had read that thread and it definitely seemed similar and related, but I could not be sure from the posts that it was the same.

I'll look forward to the fix.

Craig

Posts 70
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2020 2:18 PM

There's a layout bug in the library, as you can see here:

Posts 28491
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2020 6:00 PM

Mihahn:
There's a layout bug in the library

Please create a new thread. Prefix the subject line with "Bug:" 

Posts 359
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2020 12:28 AM

Philana,

MJS might not agree with me here, but I do appreciate that in the Release Notes you add "no" into "deuterocanon".

Stephen

Australia

Posts 29428
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2020 1:39 AM

Stephen Miller:
MJS might not agree with me here, but I do appreciate that in the Release Notes you add "no" into "deuterocanon".

My only complaint is ambiguity ... whose dueterocanon ... off the top of my head I can give seven variants still used in some European country. I mean if you want to me to set a feature with such an unpredictable result ...Geeked  I think I want the choice to be more precise - truncated vs. flexible. Devil

I've slapped myself for inappropriate humor ... no need to turn me in.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3039
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 17 2020 2:53 PM

Jerry Bush:

Since the update, clicking the Passage Guide in the Go box crashes the program. Every time, no matter what the Bible reference is. 

Is this happening for others? There have been a few other issues. This update seems like a mess so far. I am on a Mac, BTW.

We fixed the underlying issue in this crash on 8.12.

Posts 723
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 17 2020 2:56 PM

We fixed the underlying issue in this crash on 8.12.

Wonderful news Philana! When does 8.12 release?

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 28491
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 17 2020 3:02 PM
Jerry Bush:
When does 8.12 release?
It already has (as of today).

Posts 723
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2020 7:52 AM

JT (alabama24):
Jerry Bush:
When does 8.12 release?

It already has (as of today).

Thanks JT - Logos did not pick that up automatically as of yesterday afternoon but I got it updated. 

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 3039
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2020 9:21 AM

Pastor Michael Huffman:

I have a bug, I think. When I go into my posse guide and attempt to add a section, I click on the add button and the menu of things to add is off the screen to where I cannot read what the choices are. Can someone explain the fix? 

Also, I need clarification on the Biblical Theology search on the context menu that was added with this update. Thanks!. 

This has been fixed in 8.13 Beta 1

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS