The Liturgy of the Hours is here!

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 49 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 479
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 21 2020 1:33 PM

Ok, I went to check on the progress, and when I clicked on the link, this came up:

A glitch on the site? Or a problem with the resource?

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM || iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum, Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite. | Silver: Ordinariate. Anglican | Bronze: Standard, Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Posts 148
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 21 2020 1:58 PM

David Wanat:

A glitch on the site? Or a problem with the resource?

Still comes up when I go to: https://verbum.com/product/188341/the-liturgy-of-the-hours-according-to-the-roman-rite

It still indicates "In Production" 

Posts 479
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 21 2020 2:10 PM
That link worked. Must be the Logos site. Assuming they haven’t fixed it already.

Platinum: Verbum, Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite. | Silver: Ordinariate. Anglican | Bronze: Standard, Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Posts 71
David J. Ring, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 17 2020 7:25 PM
I understand the new edition of the LOTH has just been approved. They always take years to publish, I just wish work on this edition hadn't progressed, because soon we will have to use the soon to be released version. Best wishes, D
Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2020 3:47 PM

David J. Ring, Jr.:
soon to be released version

While you may have more insight than me on this, I laugh a bit since I was advised by a catholic book store in 2000 to not buy it because i new version was almost out and I would be wasting my money. Now I am quite sure it will be out sooner than later since I know the latin update is done, I still have not heard of a firm date for the new english version yet (that doesn't mean there isn't one just not one i am aware of).

-dan

Posts 148
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2020 3:52 PM

Many of the updates in the second edition from the last decade can be found here:

http://www.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/liturgy-of-the-hours/liturgy-of-the-hours-second-edition.cfm

I believe I read recently (though I can't find it now) that the aim was for the new LOTH English to be published in 2022.

USCCB acquired rights to the Rev. Grail Psalms (hence no longer available for purchase in Verbum) and have renamed them as Abbey Psalms and Canticles. I'd be glad for this resource to find its way into Verbum.

Posts 479
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2020 5:22 PM

Dan Francis:

While you may have more insight than me on this, I laugh a bit since I was advised by a catholic book store in 2000 to not buy it because i new version was almost out and I would be wasting my money. Now I am quite sure it will be out sooner than later since I know the latin update is done, I still have not heard of a firm date for the new english version yet (that doesn't mean there isn't one just not one i am aware of).

-dan

Reminds me of how long it took the Third Edition of the Roman Missal to be printed after it was approved.

Posts 3479
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2020 3:45 PM

David Wanat:

Dan Francis:

-dan

Reminds me of how long it took the Third Edition of the Roman Missal to be printed after it was approved.

I don't think they're quite done approving quite all of the new translations for the new edition of LotH yet.

Posts 165
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 8:19 AM

The new edition Liturgy of the Hours has been "three years away" for a long time, and my guess is that it's three years away from truly being three years away.

Posts 479
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 9:10 AM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

The new edition Liturgy of the Hours has been "three years away" for a long time, and my guess is that it's three years away from truly being three years away.

I think the Third Edition of the Roman Missal took close to ten years after the expected date, so entirely possible.

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS