Hearing the Message of Daniel

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1134
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 10 2020 12:09 AM

Does anyone have any ideas why when this book was "retired" from Faithlife eBooks and was made available in Logos why it wasn't deemed the same book? I can see both books have different ISBNs, but have the same contents and same publication date. Is this just a convenient way of avoiding the upgraded Logos functionality we normally get when books are transferred. I'm not suggesting this is Faithlife trying to avoid the upgrade. Might it even be the publisher having an "ebook" version and standard version, even although they're the same and so having a different pricing policy?

https://www.logos.com/product/151668/hearing-the-message-of-daniel-sustaining-faith-in-todays-world

Posts 28290
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 12:27 AM

Often this is simply an error that you need to bring to the attention of FL to get it corrected for everyone.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6897
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 1:53 AM

This should’ve been converted to ZECOT like the other “Hearing the Message” volumes.  I just got it in case it gets converted and upgraded for free.

DAL

Posts 1134
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:38 AM

DAL:

This should’ve been converted to ZECOT like the other “Hearing the Message” volumes.  I just got it in case it gets converted and upgraded for free.

DAL

It's a different series although confusing given they had similar titles. The book I bought is more like The Bible Speaks Today series by IVP.

Posts 6897
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 5:00 AM

Paul Caneparo:

DAL:

DAL

It's a different series although confusing given they had similar titles. The book I bought is more like The Bible Speaks Today series by IVP.

Obadiah, Ruth and Jonah got reformatted and renamed to fit ZECOT.  I figured the same would happen to Daniel, but I guess they’ll skip it.

DAL

Posts 1134
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 5:20 AM

DAL:

Paul Caneparo:

DAL:

DAL

Obadiah, Ruth and Jonah got reformatted and renamed to fit ZECOT.  I figured the same would happen to Daniel, but I guess they’ll skip it.

DAL

Obadiah, Ruth and Jonah are from a different series. The Daniel volume is basically sermons.

Posts 2720
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 7:21 AM

MJ. Smith:

Often this is simply an error that you need to bring to the attention of FL to get it corrected for everyone.

Yes Agree

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 6897
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 10:12 AM

Paul Caneparo:

DAL:

Paul Caneparo:

DAL:

DAL

DAL

Obadiah, Ruth and Jonah are from a different series. The Daniel volume is basically sermons.

With the exception of Ruth, both Obadiah and Jonah state they were formerly part of the Hearing the Message of Scriptures series. See pics below:

Obadiah 

Jonah:

Posts 1134
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 10:56 AM

DAL:

Paul Caneparo:

DAL:

Paul Caneparo:

DAL:

DAL

DAL

With the exception of Ruth, both Obadiah and Jonah state they were formerly part of the Hearing the Message of Scriptures series. See pics below:

Obadiah 

Jonah:

I agree about those 3 volumes, but Christopher Wright's book was part of a totally different series.  Similar name but different concept and format.

Posts 1
Gothic Priestess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 8:30 PM

Check here My official website: My Prepaid Center

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS