Sermon outlines using Logos 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
David Vaughn | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 10 2020 2:37 PM

I am new to the software but I have been trying to understand how to build my sermons on the software. I have the desktop version, and when I try to open the sermon editor, it takes me to a tab the wants me to purchase Logos Silver. Does Logos 8 not have this capability?

Posts 22358
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:06 PM

Hi David - and welcome to the forums

Logos 8 softwars is available at different levels of base package which include feature sets. 

The feature sets are compared at https://www.logos.com/compare/featuresets which shows that the Sermon Editor is included in the Full Feature Upgrade

The Silver base package if the first (lowest) to contain all the features

Does this help / make sense?

Graham

Posts 28121
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:07 PM

Welcome Smile

David Vaughn:

I am new to the software but I have been trying to understand how to build my sermons on the software. I have the desktop version, and when I try to open the sermon editor, it takes me to a tab the wants me to purchase Logos Silver. Does Logos 8 not have this capability?

The software engine is free. There are many free features which come with it. Some features, however, require a purchase or subscription. What do you own? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
David Vaughn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:15 PM

TY for your quick reply the truth is that I do not have the money to do an upgrade at this time. I do enjoy the vast array of study materials. Guess that I will still have to go Old school thanks for your response God Bless 

Posts 3
David Vaughn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:15 PM

The Basic

Posts 22358
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:19 PM

David Vaughn:
TY for your quick reply the truth is that I do not have the money to do an upgrade at this time

Understood.

If that changes, and you want to proceed, its worth looking at the Faithlife Connect subscription option - available from https://connect.faithlife.com/pricing

The Essentials package provides access to all the features - along with some other benefits - for $150pa. Some people find that a better route.

Graham

Posts 6860
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:40 PM

Microsoft Word is the most reliable option.  I use that and then copy and paste my outline into the sermon editor.  In your case, you might want to make a personal book to integrate your outline into the software.  It could be a good option to have hyperlinked Bible verses. The only down side is that a personal book is not available on the mobile app, you’d have to use your laptop for that.

DAL

Posts 1933
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 6:49 AM

DAL:
Microsoft Word is the most reliable option.  I use that and then copy and paste my outline into the sermon editor.

I concur with DAL! This also is my practice. I find the variety of styles I can use in Word make for a preaching outline that is easier for me to follow in the pulpit, but I import my sermon into Sermon editor 1) so that it bridges from Word to Proclaim; and 2) I have a searchable archive of the notes (that is integrated a little better than a PB).

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS