Super Very Annoying Behavior of the Library Downloading the Books Even the Subscription is Over!!!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Fabian | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 13 2020 5:25 AM

Hello

I have accidentally purchased for a Moth the Verbum Essential. Thanks god this is now over. But why the App want to download all the material on my other Mac, EVEN when the subscription is over?????? I don't want this 3,5 GB I only want to update the App. And I want do delete it on my first Mac. I want to choose what I want to have on my Mac. Not Apple not Logos nor others have the right. 

STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!

And your library organization is simply a worst case scenario. Put a checkbox before the item so we can check it and then choose, deinstall, hide, etc. Why I can't delete, or hide here?

Posts 335
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 5:35 AM

Can you edit your post to remove the swearing, most people here are Christians and won't appreciate it.

Thanks!

Posts 335
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 5:43 AM

Now as to your problem, you can turn off automatic downloads by going into the program settings and selecting the correct option under internet.

Hopefully this will stop your current downloads.

After this you can go to the Library, filter on all resources downloaded Added -->Today, then choose Ctrl/Cmd+A to highlight all the listed books added today, then right click, then choose 'Remove from this device'. I would suggest double check before removing that the number selected is just those you want to remove.

You can use Shift to select all items between two clicks, and Ctrl/Cmd to select additional individual items, or remove items already selected.

You can change the view in the library to show more at once from the icon at the top right as below.

Hopefully this will help :)

Posts 397
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 8:57 AM

1. This is pretty strong language for being disappointed in a free trial. This is not appropriate to these forums: Stop this right now.

2. The resources in your screenshot are not from the Verbum Cloud trial subscription. They are from the Perseus Classics Collection, which you got for free 6 years ago. The subscription resources should no longer be appearing in your library.

3. The resources in your screenshot are not downloaded. Click the down-arrow icon to download.

4. You can multi-select resources in the library with standard cmd+click/shift+click controls. A checkbox isn't necessary. 

5. You can set "Download New Resources" to No in Program Settings (as Kevin explained, above) if you don't want to automatically download new books you acquire. 

6. You can hide resources, but it's usually not needed, since you can set books not to download, and hiding resources applies across your entire account. If there are books you never want to see on any computer or device, follow these steps: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016299052-Hide-Resources

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 6897
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 10:29 AM

I accidentally ordered the trial a while ago and all I did was call CS and they removed it ASAP, no biggie.  

Posts 27
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2020 2:18 AM

Kevin:

Can you edit your post to remove the swearing, most people here are Christians and won't appreciate it.

Thanks!

No. I stay by my words.

It's funny every time I'm compelling about a Bible software the apologists comes up. Like I have ruined their Guru, Rabbi, Redeemer etc. 

If something is great in a Bible software I write this. Is something b...sh.t I write this too.

Posts 27
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2020 2:23 AM

Kevin:

Now as to your problem, you can turn off automatic downloads by going into the program settings and selecting the correct option under internet.

Hopefully this will stop your current downloads.

After this you can go to the Library, filter on all resources downloaded Added -->Today, then choose Ctrl/Cmd+A to highlight all the listed books added today, then right click, then choose 'Remove from this device'. I would suggest double check before removing that the number selected is just those you want to remove.

You can use Shift to select all items between two clicks, and Ctrl/Cmd to select additional individual items, or remove items already selected.

You can change the view in the library to show more at once from the icon at the top right as below.

Hopefully this will help :)

Hello Kevin

Thanks, I hadn't know this. But unfortunately the problem isn't solved. Then also the program updates are stopped, and the module update. I simply don't want the modules on my Mac which I haven't access due the expired license. Only in the hope of Logos I activate this again.

Fabian

Posts 27
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2020 2:52 AM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

1. This is pretty strong language for being disappointed in a free trial. This is not appropriate to these forums: Stop this right now.

Yes since I tested Logos this is my most complaining thing. 

I tested Logos for years here you are correct, I even download the program updates to see If this very annoying behavior is solved. But unfortunately it isn't. 

I open Logos since years, do the update, check the release notes and close it. In the years I don't have done more than a dozen searches. Twice it was totally unusable over months. It crashed every time I tried to open it on the Mac. 

I wanted to use Logos more, because you have more German contents than A. But with this behavior "no thanks" and I have deleted it now.

Your "free trial" expose Logos to be only interested in money. So you really make me laugh. If I don't use it, due the reason I mentioned above, this "free trial" only clogged my HD.

2. The resources in your screenshot are not from the Verbum Cloud trial subscription. They are from the Perseus Classics Collection, which you got for free 6 years ago. The subscription resources should no longer be appearing in your library.

Yes thats correct. The image is from other tools. It was just to show you the steps. 

I have two Macs: One I have downloaded the resources of the subscription and they are still on the Mac even the license was expired. This was one reason for the thread. 

The second reason for the thread was: Even I don't have an active license Logos want to download the 3GB on my other Mac. NO I don't wan't both of them.

The image was done from the Mac which wasn't with the subscription modules, thats why I haven't it in the image.

"The subscription resources should no longer be appearing in your library."

Unfortunately it was still in my library on one Mac, and it wanted to download even on my other Mac. Thats why I .....

3. The resources in your screenshot are not downloaded. Click the down-arrow icon to download.

Yes I saw this, but my suggestion was to have a better way to hide them. It is absolutely not acceptable to do the steps Logos will have for nearly 1000 module to hide them. Then I have only 1 day to hide this. NO definitely not. I don't want 1000 module to drag and drop in the field in the library to hide them. Here it must have a better option. One I suggested with the checkboxes.

4. You can multi-select resources in the library with standard cmd+click/shift+click controls. A checkbox isn't necessary. 

Thanks. I have now deleted Logos so I can't test it. 

5. You can set "Download New Resources" to No in Program Settings (as Kevin explained, above) if you don't want to automatically download new books you acquire. 

As I wrote to Kevin: there is only an all or nothing possibility. I would love to have finer steps.

6. You can hide resources, but it's usually not needed, since you can set books not to download, and hiding resources applies across your entire account. If there are books you never want to see on any computer or device, follow these steps: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016299052-Hide-Resources

Thanks, but as I wrote above, this is not acceptable or practicable for 1000 modules 

Posts 27
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2020 2:54 AM

DAL:

I accidentally ordered the trial a while ago and all I did was call CS and they removed it ASAP, no biggie.  

Thanks, but I don't want to make a call. I want to choose this in Logos. What I want to have and what not.

Posts 10650
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2020 6:44 AM

Fabian:
Thanks, but I don't want to make a call.

You're funny, Fabian ... absent the rough-talk, refreshing.  The all or none was their idea beginning probably in 2007 and rolled out in 2009. Eliminates a lot of customer calls, since books are version specific. It came complete with molassas speed (the software), and missing features (printing being the most obvious). Over the years, the pastors bought bigger PCs (required), the code was cleaned up, and most missing features returned. 

The last two issues are still being worked .. all or nothing library management (latest L8 tried partials, etc), and searches designed for the coders.  Underlying the decade has been design-cutsie, followed up by hundreds of videos to try to aid the customer to make sense of it.  I stopped updating at L7 ... life is calmer and less expensive (fewer book purchases).

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 28290
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2020 3:02 PM

Fabian:
I want to choose this in Logos. What I want to have and what not.

Thanks to the relatively new option on downloads you have three options for resources you own:

1. You may hide it, making it totally invisible within the application unless you go through Program Settings to unhide it.
  2. You may leave it in the cloud, i.e. off your machine and visible only when you request cloud resources be included e.g. an Everything search.
  3. You may download it and have it active and available for all your processes.

It is the job of Faithlife to keep track of what licenses you legitimately own. Please don't revile a Faithlife employee for providing information on how you can do your part of managing your licenses. Yes, by forum precedence MVP's are fair game, but 'dissing an employee for doing their job is a good way to decrease their motivation and their job satisfaction. I, for one, want Faithlife employees to be helpful and inclined to stay at their jobs so that I can benefit from their experience.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 346
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2020 12:53 AM

Kevin:

Thanks!

πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS