No Condemnation: A Theology of Assurance of Salvation

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1109
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 10 2020 10:12 AM

This is one of my favourite Christian books of all time.  It Ihas just gone on pre-pub. I used to travel to hear Michael Eaton whenever he was preaching in the UK. He was mentored by Martyn Lloyd-Jones.

https://www.logos.com/product/190266/no-condemnation-a-theology-of-assurance-of-salvation

Posts 482
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2020 12:36 PM

Thanks for the recommendation Paul. I am not familiar with this book, but will check it out!

Posts 470
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2020 4:05 PM

Looks interesting, thanks.

Posts 1109
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2020 12:34 PM

Almost there.

Posts 1109
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 5:44 AM

Michael Eaton has also written commentaries on every book of the Bible.  I contacted his son, as I was excited that "No Condemnation" was coming to Logos and he informed me, that we should also be able to purchase in the future an "omnibus" edition, combining all Michael Eaton's commentaries.  There have been some posts recently about the "best" one volume commentaries.  Once I available I'd strongly recommend the omnibus edition.  

Michael studied under well-known Christian leaders such as J.I. Packer and J.A. Motyer.  He also learnt a lot from Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones and Dr. R.T. Kendall, both past ministers of Westminster Chapel, London, where Michael was a member.

Although originally from England, he had a heart for Africa and pastored the well-known churches, Lusaka Baptist Church and Nairobi Baptist Church, as well as pioneering multiracial ministry in Johannesburg. From 1986 he was one of the leaders of the Chrisco Fellowship of Churches.

His commentaries are intended for an international readership and avoid an exclusively western style of presentation.  Although on the surface written simply, there's deep scholarship behind them. He puts the theological and practical message of the Bible in a clear and down-to-earth way so that what is written can be easily understood by the reader.

I can't wait for his omnibus commentary to be made available too.

Posts 3504
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 6:14 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Michael Eaton has also written commentaries on every book of the Bible.  I contacted his son, as I was excited that "No Condemnation" was coming to Logos and he informed me, that we should also be able to purchase in the future an "omnibus" edition, combining all Michael Eaton's commentaries.  There have been some posts recently about the "best" one volume commentaries.  Once I available I'd strongly recommend the omnibus edition.  

Michael studied under well-known Christian leaders such as J.I. Packer and J.A. Motyer.  He also learnt a lot from Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones and Dr. R.T. Kendall, both past ministers of Westminster Chapel, London, where Michael was a member.

Although originally from England, he had a heart for Africa and pastored the well-known churches, Lusaka Baptist Church and Nairobi Baptist Church, as well as pioneering multiracial ministry in Johannesburg. From 1986 he was one of the leaders of the Chrisco Fellowship of Churches.

His commentaries are intended for an international readership and avoid an exclusively western style of presentation.  Although on the surface written simply, there's deep scholarship behind them. He puts the theological and practical message of the Bible in a clear and down-to-earth way so that what is written can be easily understood by the reader.

I can't wait for his omnibus commentary to be made available too.

Let us know when the omnibus commentary makes it in!

Posts 1440
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 7:27 AM

Thanks for pointing this out Paul.  For several years, I've worked at building my Logos library with a broad range of the recommended/highly rated commentary sets, along with background resource sets, theological, exegetical, and word study resources, as well as comparative resources (e.g. Five Views on such and such), etc.  I've also invested in a number of mobile ed courses.

Now I'm becoming more selective/focused, wanting to add resources that zero in a specific topics/issues that are of particular importance to me.  At this point I'm definitely not wanting any more fluff--only resources that individually, will truly add a focused value to my library.  After seeing your post, I went to YouTube, and after watching an interview with Dr. Eaton, I placed my order.

Again, thanks for the heads up.  

Posts 1109
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2020 1:15 AM

The progress line must be 99.5% of the way there. It's still yellow, but appears all the way across. Maybe one or two more orders will make it go green.

https://www.logos.com/product/190266/no-condemnation-a-theology-of-assurance-of-salvation

And no I'm not on commission.

Posts 1109
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 10:05 AM

Paul Caneparo:

The progress line must be 99.5% of the way there. It's still yellow, but appears all the way across. Maybe one or two more orders will make it go green.

Now in production. Thanks!

Posts 136
LogosEmployee
Mike Hanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 10:27 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Paul Caneparo:

Now in production. Thanks!

Thanks for your interest Paul.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS