Resource error or misunderstanding on my part.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 28206
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 14 2020 1:37 AM

Parks, Jessica, ed. Jonathan Edwards: A Guide to His Life and Writings. Faithlife Author Guides. Bellingham, WA: Faithlife, 2017. from this resource:

Is there a reason that some sermons are listed twice - they appear in multiple resources - rather than giving a milestone and using the user priorities?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5299
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2020 5:35 AM

Author guides are another incomplete FL project, don't be surprised if one day they remove them from our systems like they have with other projects they lost their way with and simply brushed them under the carpet  - handouts being one of the higher profile examples.  

The question I would have is do all of these resources have appropriate milestone tagging to do what you are suggesting. FL may have taken the view at the time they still saw this project as a good idea that the answer could not be a confident yes, and so they went for the approach you loathing, the lowest common denominator approach.  

Whatever the reasoning behind the approach taken rather than they one you see as superior Iast time FL even commented on this project it was to say it was not being actively worked upon, I think only about  4 author guides are in existence, so I expect little chance of them doing anything to change the status quo.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS