Bug: Milestone search not working with page numbers

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13383
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 20 2020 12:18 PM

Searching within page numbers seems to be broken for many resources. In the screenshot below you can see that I searched for the word "the" in the first 100 pages of 25 resources, but the search only returns results in 12 of them. Changing the word "the" to another common word results in the same 12 resources returning results. Evidently there's a bug which is preventing the other 13 resources from returning results.

Posts 1144
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 1:39 PM

Do you have the Library of Early English History collection? There are 10 titles in that collection by Newman that don't have page numbers in it.

It's plausible that there might be another three titles that are either FLEB titles or simply don't have page milestones.

Posts 13383
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 21 2020 1:34 AM

No. I checked and all the resources in my library that meet this criteria have page numbers.

Posts 2940
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2020 9:34 AM

Mark Barnes:

Searching within page numbers seems to be broken for many resources. In the screenshot below you can see that I searched for the word "the" in the first 100 pages of 25 resources, but the search only returns results in 12 of them. Changing the word "the" to another common word results in the same 12 resources returning results. Evidently there's a bug which is preventing the other 13 resources from returning results.

Hi Mark,

I've created a bug report.

Posts 8148
LogosEmployee

We've reproduced this bug.

There is a flaw in {Milestone} searching for all page-like data types (page, volume/page, etc.). They will silently return incomplete results from your library. For now, we recommend just avoiding this data type in {Milestone} searches.

Posts 13383
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2020 8:55 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

We've reproduced this bug.

There is a flaw in {Milestone} searching for all page-like data types (page, volume/page, etc.). They will silently return incomplete results from your library. For now, we recommend just avoiding this data type in {Milestone} searches.

That's unfortunate. Restricting by page numbers is one of the only ways of searching works-within-a-work.

Posts 28206
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2020 4:44 PM

Agreed!

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS