Lexham Context Commentary Updates

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 43 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 115
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2021 10:42 AM

Mattillo:

Doug, just curious when you think those updates will be pushed out. March? Q2? Thank you

No fixed timeline. Here's what needs to happen.

1. Author sends me the content for John 1–10.
  2. I make time to review the content.
  3. We send it for copyediting when our copyeditor for this project is available (easier than explaining what needs to be done to a new copy editor).
  4. I receive it back from the copyeditor, review her work, resolve any questions with the author, and finalize the files.
  5. I send the files to the people at Faithlife who will make sure it gets in the right format to add to the Logos resource.
  6. They finish their work and schedule the update for the next regularly scheduled resource update window (which I think is every 2 weeks or so).

So we're at #1 and I hope to have that one settled in February with #2 happening right after #1 if at all possible. If that happens, #3 would happen in March. And so on. Sometime in Q2 is possible if I get the content in the next few weeks and the copyeditor is available.

Posts 4389
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2021 11:15 AM

That sounds like a lot of work! Thank you sir.  I"ll wait until Q2 then :)

Posts 115
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2021 11:25 AM

I think you'll be happy with the final results. It's likely to turn out to be the highest word count of coverage for the NT books due to the depth of connections to point out for John's Gospel.

Posts 4389
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2021 11:29 AM

I have no doubt I'll be extremely pleased! Hence why I keep bugging you :)

I really, really like the stuff Lexham/Logos/FL puts out.  Great stuff and top notch quality. 

I'm looking forward to the LCC both OT and NT, the OT Lexham Geographic Comms, and the NT introduction series (3 volume).  I'm quite happy with the EEC too! 

Thank you for taking the time to respond sir

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS