Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 193
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 26 2020 6:58 PM

I'm going to buy a desktop and the only requirement I am asking of it is that it can run Logos 8 smoothly. Any suggestions? 

Posts 79
Ryland Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 7:05 PM

The biggest thing will be memory and SSD hard drive.

I'd recommend a computer with at least 8 gb of memory, 16 if you can afford it.

Posts 28714
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 7:06 PM

Windows? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 193
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 7:07 PM

Yes Windows

Posts 11323
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 27 2020 7:17 AM

I use a PC I got maybe 2010 or so ... 8gig memory, 128gig SSD drive. I have about 4k resources. For 10 years, it's been happily running my single  Logos layout with about 200 resources arranged on 5 windows. I can't imagine that even being possible, but a kudos to the internal design guys at Logos many years back.

The Logos setup, combined with a Libronix layout, my own Bible software, and Bibleworks, chews up about 1/2 the 8gig (including the usual system stuff). And I don't re-start for months. Really quite stable, Logos is.

That said, I use very few visual filters, and those I use, I don't allow resource linking. Else life becomes difficult. But I do use a host of CitedBy panels linked. And surprisingly, they work great, speed-wise.

My point, is, you'd want to expand a little on how you want to use your Logos. Smaller layouts with limited linkage, a lot of visual filters, or ?? Depending, a good setup can last a long time.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 681
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 27 2020 8:38 AM

Valerie, I think you'll find the information at this link quite helpful. https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007554992-Recommended-Hardware-and-Software

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS