Library Favorites Possible

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 49
Chuck | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 22 2020 8:17 AM

Other than crowding the Shortcuts Toolbar with little icons, which I often need to mouse-hover to remind myself of what each represents, is there something like a Libray Favorites list where I can keep track of and easily access my often-used resources?

Posts 315
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2020 9:18 AM

I have a folder in Favorites called "My favorite resources". Then I can see what is there by name. I have about 20 resources in there that I use regularly. That's one option.

Posts 1730
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2020 9:21 AM

Use the Favorites Tool. You could also organize your books by folders—Favorite Greek Books, Commentaries, etc.

But beware—Favorites will save the current page number unless you first put the book in the Shortcuts Toolbar and then drag it from there to the Favorites tool. If you do this, then the book will open to the last read page. Otherwise, it will always open to the page number saved in the Favorite.

Posts 1007
Juan Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2020 9:45 AM

Levi Durfey:
unless you first put the book in the Shortcuts Toolbar and then drag it from there to the Favorites tool.

Thanks for this, I didn't know.

Posts 49
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2020 12:01 PM

Thanks so much for the help, guys!

Thus far, I now have my tools quickly available and organized into the following Favorites folders: Commentaries, Cross-Refs, Dictionaries, and Illustrations, and I keep the Favorites panel open.

I expect this method will be of immense help in eliminating distractions in my study and writing due to not having to mouse-over shortcuts while reading pop-up descriptions and not having to take time out to search for the resources I already have in these lists. These lists will also serve as a quick reminder of the tools at my disposal as I study.

Thanks Again,
Chuck

Posts 315
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2020 12:27 PM

Levi Durfey:

Use the Favorites Tool. You could also organize your books by folders—Favorite Greek Books, Commentaries, etc.

But beware—Favorites will save the current page number unless you first put the book in the Shortcuts Toolbar and then drag it from there to the Favorites tool. If you do this, then the book will open to the last read page. Otherwise, it will always open to the page number saved in the Favorite.

Thanks for the tip Levi. When I have them in the folder I want, I can rename the resource and delete the "open" from the resource name. And if I tag each resource by the name of the folder, then I am able to search the folder also. For example, I have a folder called "My Worldview" which contains all my favorite resources on worldviews. If I tag each resource in my folder with "My Worldview" then I am able to search in all of the books in the My Worldview folder together by searching in "mytag:My Worldview".

Posts 49
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2020 1:01 PM

Lonnie Spencer:
And if I tag each resource by the name of the folder, then I am able to search the folder also. For example, I have a folder called "My Worldview" which contains all my favorite resources on worldviews. If I tag each resource in my folder with "My Worldview" then I am able to search in all of the books in the My Worldview folder together by searching in "mytag:My Worldview".

How do you tag a resource?

Posts 315
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2020 4:07 PM

Open up a resource. Click on the three dots and it will open up the panel menu option. Click on information. You should see a box that says "Add tag" Type your label- which in my example is my Favorites folder "My Worldview"- and click the arrow when you have it typed in. When you do the next resource, the tag will be saved. Just click on it and it will tag the resource. Go up and click on "Done" after you have the resource tagged and that will close the information window. Then move the resource to the short cut bar and close the resource. Move the resource on the shortcut bar to the Favorites folder you used as the tag. When it is in the folder, you can delete it from the shortcut bar. When you right click on the resource in the Favorites Window it will open up a dialogue box. You want to click on "rename". This way you can delete the Open at the beginning of the resource name. You should be good to go when you search on the mytag in a basic search and it will search on all the resources you have tagged in that Favorites folder because it will be what you tagged your resources in the folder with. 

Posts 49
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2020 4:14 PM

Thanks very much!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS