SUGGESTION: New Guide utilizing current available information in a different manner

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30213
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 22 2020 1:15 PM

I would like to propose a "passage group" guide that would generally work off a lectionary or passage list. I am sure that performance concerns would set a maximum number of passages that could be used. Any of the Guide sections that use a scripture reference could be added - I'm only highlighting the new or modified sections.

1.  Enter a lectionary date or a passage list and you get a "super-tab" with a subtab for each reading; The readings are all made continuous. When options occur, a tab is made for each option; by closing a tab, the user removes it from further consideration.

2. For Cross-References and Important Passages add a filter open that highlights references to the other passages in the set e.g. if I look at the Ephesians tab, the Cross-references and Important Passages highlight references to Acts 1:1-11, Ps 47:2-9 and Matthew 28:16-20. The purpose of this is to help identify in relationships among the reading set.

3. For Ancient Literature and Catholic Topical Index, color code entries by number of times suggested i.e. 1, 2, 3, or 4 times for this example. This allows me to focus my readings initially on what applies to the broadest swath of my scripture set.

For Themes, Cultural Concepts, and Catholic Topical Index add the ability to sort on the number of passages suggesting the topic or theme i.e. 1,2, 3, or 4 for this example . This allows me to focus on common concepts first.

4. In lectionaries the placement of particular scripture may depend upon:

• their place in the life of Christ (elements in Gospel Harmonies
  • their place in salvation history (Biblical events)
  • their place in the particular book - outline and pericope

For all four types of data (Biblical events, Parallel passages, Outlines, Pericopes) create a zoomable  visual showing the placement of this particular reading in the given set of event, outlines and pericopes. This allows me to see the context of the passage. Note this is not specific to the mulitiple passage view but should be added to the standard passage guide.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS