Surface Go 2

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 434
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 25 2020 7:23 PM

Microsoft recently released an upgrade to their Surface Go, called the Surface Go 2.  The base model still has the Pentium Gold processor, but the biggest news is the availability of a Core M CPU with the 8 GB RAM/128 GB SSD model.  The Core M, combined with an improved display and a significantly faster SSD, make the Go 2 better at handling Logos/Verbum.  It may still be slower overall than an i5 laptop, but performance is definitely up over the original Go.  The Go 2 has the same dimensions as the original Go, so it remains quite portable.  

I found the original Go acceptable overall with Logos, though it needed extra time to process some Logos features.  The Go 2 is quicker overall - quick enough to warrant serious consideration as an option for running Logos/Verbum!  

Posts 1072
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 1:40 AM

Thanks Mark

I think 256Gb SSD  (plus my existing MS family subscription) could tip the balance for me. From experience I normally under estimate what I capacity I need!

Posts 434
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 2:02 AM

Microsoft offers a Business version of the Go 2 with a 256 GB SSD and LTE, by the way...

Posts 1072
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 3:18 PM

thanks!

Posts 434
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 3:49 PM

It may also be worth noting that the Go 2 has a microSD card slot.  If you need extra storage of data but not necessarily SSD speed, that could save you a few dollars!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS