Book Ratings

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13
UAMJ | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 7 2020 8:54 AM

Just purchased a LOGOs upgrade on Apologetics.  I chose one of the books, "JESUS AND THE RESURRECTION, THIRTY ADDRESSES FOR GOOD FRIDAY AND EASTER,

Mortimer, A. G. (1898). Jesus and the Resurrection: Thirty Addresses for Good Friday and Easter (p. iii). London; New York; Bombay: Longmans, Green, and Co,."

Which was rated at 2.5 stars.  I searched for this title in the "Market Place" to discover that it had not been rated... be the first to rate this title...

How is it that a title is given a rating as part of a package and yet be unrated?

Posts 10691
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2020 10:52 AM

Michael Lawson:

Just purchased a LOGOs upgrade on Apologetics.  I chose one of the books, "JESUS AND THE RESURRECTION, THIRTY ADDRESSES FOR GOOD FRIDAY AND EASTER,

Mortimer, A. G. (1898). Jesus and the Resurrection: Thirty Addresses for Good Friday and Easter (p. iii). London; New York; Bombay: Longmans, Green, and Co,."

Which was rated at 2.5 stars. 

I think you refer to "community ratings" in the library. This is basically the average of what other Logos users rated this book in their libraries (the myrating: you could give it in the library). This has nothing whatsoever to do with the resource rating in the Logos store. To make it even more confused, many user seem to employ a rating scheme from many years back that basically uses two stars as "unrated", one star as a negative rating and then 3-5 as the actual rating scale. 2.5 then computes as "largely unrated" rather than "below average". 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10970
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2020 11:11 AM

NB  ... are you sure? I don't know, but the ones I checked, the collection page was a average discrete rating (typically 1 rating, with user name at bottom of page), and individual resources were also average discrete ratings, again user names at bottom of respective page. Not the old 'library' millange.

Or I'm confused by the question.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 10691
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2020 11:29 AM

The resource in question has no rating whatsoever on its product page - and this is what the OP describes.

However. in the library, it shows in the Rating column with around 2.5 stars (in the facets rounded to 3 stars) - note that I personally did not rate it yet.

This is the Community Rating I wrote about above, and I assume this is what the OP asked about.

Posts 13
UAMJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2020 11:30 AM

I guess that I am the one who is "confused." While book ratings are subjective to the reader, it does give one an idea of what others think.  This helps the one, me, who is making a purchase decision, make a more informed decision.

Posts 13
UAMJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2020 11:35 AM

Thank you... this will help in the future!

Posts 2575
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2020 12:00 PM

Under Settings there is one Show Community Ratings    YES  or  NO

If the "?" is selected the following text is displayed

YES:: Community ratings will be displayed in Library for unrated books

NO:   Community ratings will not be shown

From my reading of the above text it will show the community ratings only if I have not rated the book.  (when set to YES) 

Thus if I have rated a book it will show my rating    (when set to YES) 

When set to NO I assume that it will show what I have rated the book 

So any book that I have rated my ratting will show 

so How do we see how my ratting compares to community rating ?

Posts 10691
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2020 12:21 PM

David Ames:
How do we see how my ratting compares to community rating ?

Posts 2575
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2020 3:14 PM

One book at a time but thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS