Cross Reference of various Early Church Fathers writings

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
David Anfinrud | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 24 2020 9:45 AM

Could it be possible to add a feature to cross reference all the Early Church fathers and could be expanded into other things as well. So many duplicates of the writings can be found.  For Example I am using the ACCS series on Romans.  You got to Romans 6:2  Ambrosiaster has a note on that verse  it references Commentary on Paul's Epistles    Note 8 calls for CSEL.    I do not have CSEL in my library.  Yet I do have

Ambrosiaster. Commentaries on Romans and 1-2 Corinthians. Edited by Thomas C. Oden and Gerald L. Bray. Translated by Gerald L. Bray. Ancient Christian Texts. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic: An Imprint of InterVarsity Press, 2009.

This provides the same information as CSEL referenced in the ACCS collection. 

It would seem to be fairly easy with your resources to look and Say I have a reference for CSEL or any other source what other Early Church Father writings has the same information.   So when you press the Reference the database would pull up the resource you already have on your computer that matches that information.  

The reason I would like this is that I read the quote in ACCS   and want to review the whole source where it is referenced when Possible.  TO get an idea of the Complete ideas being expressed.  And I often forget all the different Books I have available in Logos.   It would be a nice feature to have a cross reference of sources to say you have the book that talks about this subject and would speed up research even more for those who are doing deep studies in various subjects.  Where the original source is not available but the similar information is available here that you have already purchased. 

Posts 746
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2020 9:48 AM

Seconded. This would be a great resource.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate, Anglican | Silver: Baptist, Lutheran, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 7412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2020 8:20 AM

👍😁👌

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS