phrase search

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 904
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 6 2020 3:43 PM

I want to find all the places in the Bible, primarily the OT, where the phrase "I will be their God" or your God.

I thought it would be easy to figure out. I remember seeing similar searches done but don't remember how it happened.  

What do I do?

Posts 18603
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2020 10:08 PM

Larry Craig:
I want to find all the places in the Bible, primarily the OT, where the phrase "I will be their God" or your God.

<Person God> INTERSECTS "I will" BEFORE 5 WORDS God

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18603
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2020 9:31 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Larry Craig:

<Person God> INTERSECTS "I will" BEFORE 5 WORDS God

Reviewing search results found a number of false positives so revised search using LEB (Lexham English Bible) and NLT (New Living Translation)

<Person God> BEFORE 0 WORDS I BEFORE 2 WORDS (will OR shall) BEFORE 12 WORDS God BEFORE 0 WORDS <Person God>

Learned phrase "I will be their God" has a number of variations. Caveat: expanded search has notably fewer false positives.

Bible can be searched for quoted phrases using OR between phrases:

"I will be their God" OR "I will be your God" OR "I will be to them as God" OR "I shall be your God" OR "I will be to you God" OR "I will be to them God" OR "I will be for them God" OR "I myself will be to them as God" OR "I will be for them as God" OR "I will be to you as God" 

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 904
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2020 9:36 AM

Thank you.  I did my search the old fashioned way.  Every verse I had, I looked up the cross references for that verse, and I think I got them all.

I used to work through all the training videos and then I got away from that.  I don't know why.

There was a search way that didn't require remembering formulas.  

Right now I am working on some stuff.  I will look at what you sent in more detail a little later

Thank you for taking the time to try to  help me.  I really appreciate it.

Posts 904
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2020 2:18 PM

I can duplicate what you just did, but I'm not going to remember that or create my own for a different search.

I'm going to have to start going through those tutorials again.  SIGH!

Thanks again.  I appreciate your taking the time here to help me.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS