Suggestion: Filter out all Michael Heiser advertising

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1737
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 8 2020 3:41 PM

Respectfully, I have noticed a proliferation of advertising for Michael Heiser, a theologian whose views I have no desire to learn about.  Is there any way to remove him from my Logos frontpage please?  God bless him as he fosters his unusually imho unorthodox fanciful views but can we please see a little less of him on our main page please?  I suggest a way of appealing to say JUST a traditional Baptist viewpoint on the main page?  Is this possible?  I think Mr. Heiser's new book  "How Many Angels Dance on the Head of Pin while Flying a UFO and Dodging Demons?" should be EXCISED from my main page via a special filter...seriously.Smile

Posts 10
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2020 8:00 PM

You mean the Logos.com homepage of the L8 homepage? I have my L8 homepage configured so that all the "Explore" junk is below my cards. I do not understand the fascination with Heiser either.

Posts 29136
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2020 9:28 PM

Why does this remind me of NT Wright threads?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10970
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2020 8:57 AM

If we presume Logos.com is accurate (though unknown the measurement period), Michael seems to be perched on the top 2 positions. Maybe FL is business-oriented or just likes selling books or something:

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1737
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 8:19 PM

MJ I have not been around for a bit after two major back surgeries and the delight (sarcasm here) that presented for sustained recovery.

Thank you all that you seem to have appreciated my light humor.

Heiser and Wright...have a nice day.Big Smile

Posts 1737
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 8:20 PM

Justin...imho it should be easier to weed out all the silly stuff....amen?

Posts 3580
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2020 7:15 AM

JoshInRI:
Is there any way to remove him from my Logos frontpage please?

I have all Logos advertising hidden from my (Verbum) homepage... except the Logos Academic Blog. Nothing from Dr. Heiser on my homepage at the moment. Perhaps you might want to hide Logos advertising more broadly from your home page?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS