No Bookmark Function?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 15
Jay | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 10 2020 1:47 PM

I just realized there is no way to create bookmarks in resource. When I click on the sidebar button, the Table of Content opens up and there's "notes" tab beside it. And I expected to see a "bookmark" tab there, just like in Acrobat, and there was none. Bookmark is one of the most basic feature on any type of ebook reader. Why is there no bookmark function in Logos? I find this very odd and frustrating to use.

I know there's Favorite tool, but it would be very cumbersome to open a favorite window and browse through all the favorites(bookmarks) I have created in different resources just to find the bookmarks list for the particular resource I have open. There should be a button or tab right on the menu bar of the opened resource which I can just click and see all the bookmarks I have created within that resource (like in Kindle, Acrobat, Adobe Digital Editions and others).

Posts 2262
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 7:57 AM

Oops.

Posts 10681
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 7:58 AM

Jay:
I just realized there is no way to create bookmarks in resource.

There is: use Shift-Ctrl-1 through Shift-Ctrl-9 to create up to nine bookmarks and use Ctrl-1 through Ctrl-9 to open the resource to exactly the bookmarked place.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2262
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 8:03 AM

I agree with you, but also find highlights and notes to be searchable and probably better overall.

Posts 15
Jay | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2020 1:44 AM

Yes, but having nine bookmarks at disposal when you have a library of thousands of books doesn't help at all.

Using the Highlight feature wisely can help, but when there are many highlights in a resource (which is most often the case) I have to go through them all to find the quote I'm looking for. If there was bookmark, I could just create one, label it to whatever I want, then I can get to the desired section in no time since I have them labeled.

Posts 29099
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2020 2:48 AM

I use a notebook called Bookmarks and set a note reading "to here" to mark my last position in each book.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS