Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 117
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 23 2020 4:08 PM

Why can't we buy the Whole Bible or the Whole New Testament?  Will my NKJV be able to auto scroll while being read.  If that isn't the case then when would that be available? I would really like translations that will auto scroll while being read.  Are there any plans for that in the future?    

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/product/195322/voice-only-audio-bible-new-king-james-version-nkjv-narrated-by-bob-souer-01-genesis-holy-bible-new-king-james-version

Posts 117
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 8:55 AM

Anyone?

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 10:46 AM

John Brumett:
Why can't we buy the Whole Bible or the Whole New Testament?

No idea. 

John Brumett:
Will my NKJV be able to auto scroll while being read.

No. 

John Brumett:
If that isn't the case then when would that be available?

That would only happen if the audio book was created that way. It would also necessitate the audiobook AND ebook be of "the same resource." I understand this is confusing, but this isn't tied to your NKJV. 

Put another way, the audiobook would need to be "the official audio book" for that translation. 

John Brumett:
Are there any plans for that in the future?

I would not expect that to be the case for this particular resource. 

If you want a "read aloud" bible as you describe, I believe your two choices are ESV or LEB

https://www.logos.com/product/34146/esv-hear-the-word-audio-bible 

https://www.logos.com/product/6162/lexham-english-bible-leb-with-audio-new-testament (NT only)

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18380
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 12:27 PM

John Brumett:
Why can't we buy the Whole Bible or the Whole New Testament?

Puzzling question. Faithlife offers hundreds of Bibles => https://www.logos.com/search?limit=60&page=1&ownership=all&geographicAvailability=all&filters=resourcetype-bibles_Resource%20Type

Faithlife Corporation has several web stores for purchasing resources that can be used in mobile apps and desktop applications.

John Brumett:
Will my NKJV be able to auto scroll while being read.

My demonstration account (with $ 0.00 order total) does not have The New King James Version Bible (NKJV), but has other Bibles: e.g. The New Living Translation (NLT). Desktop release 8.15 Read aloud using system voice on macOS 10.15.6 has circle appear to show verse being read:

After reading Philippians 4:7 aloud, NLT automatically scrolled to Philippians 4:8 followed by showing circle verse indicator (as words being read)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 117
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 12:42 PM

Thanks for the reply. I only wish it would function like the ESV or LEB. 

Posts 18380
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:41 PM

John Brumett:

Thanks for the reply. I only wish it would function like the ESV or LEB. 

ESV, LEB (NT), CSB, RSVCE (NT), Greek (NT) have Narrator selection option on macOS 10.15.6 (so have choice of voice for Read Aloud)

Thankful for macOS 10.15 Catalina including many high quality voice options so System Narrator can be used for reading many Bibles (match high quality voice with Bible language - does not work for Hebrew). Caveat: ESV, LEB, CSB, RSVCE enunciation can be better for some words compared to System Narrator (Greek NT does not have a System Narrator option).

New Testament audio:

Bible:

Partial:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 117
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2020 5:43 AM

Don't have a Mac but a PC.

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2020 9:23 AM

John Brumett:

There are two different "read aloud" features. One is an audio book "read along." The other is a computer generated reading. This second "read aloud" depends upon your operating system. Windows computers also have a computer generated "read aloud," but you will need to consult with windows users for more information. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18380
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2020 4:34 PM

John Brumett:

Many High Quality system Read Aloud voices are freely included with macOS while being extra cost for Windows: e.g. Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro edition 2004 has three Narrator choices: Microsoft David, Microsoft Zira, & Microsoft Mark (with Desktop versions for Microsoft David & Microsoft Zira), which can be used as the System Narrator for Read Aloud of English resources in Logos OR Verbum.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS