PPB 2.0 Electric Bugaloo ~ What is proper metadata?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 331
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:55 AM

I'm completely perplexed. I've got a lot of definitely not acquired through maritime methods ebooks that I need to put into Logos, most of which Faithlife doesn't even carry, and others which are temporary until I've paid off my debts. I need this so I can cite it seamlessly. A lot of times it doesn't give me a proper table of contents, but I've given up on worrying about that. I just need to know exactly how to fill it all of the metadata before building a docx file so I can have proper citations when I copy.

Posts 23658
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 11:18 AM

Does the information at https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015926452-Personal-Books give you what you need?

Posts 28725
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 11:23 AM

Chrisser:
A lot of times it doesn't give me a proper table of contents

Table of Contents are created by the proper (and consistent) use of "headings" in Microsoft Word. It isn't difficult, but it can be time consuming. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 331
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 12:13 PM

Thanks but it doesn't. What I need to know is the exact format for all information and how it works. Copyright, Author, Subject title, sub-sub-something, all of that. is it last name first? I don't know what info i need, where it goes, or how it's supposed to look. I do know how to build books.

Posts 222
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 12:54 PM

Chrisser:

Thanks but it doesn't. What I need to know is the exact format for all information and how it works. Copyright, Author, Subject title, sub-sub-something, all of that. is it last name first? I don't know what info i need, where it goes, or how it's supposed to look. I do know how to build books.

I've personally found two resources to be the most help in learning to build Personal Books over the years:

If you don't subscribe to Morris Proctor's MPSeminars, you could enroll for a month ($20) and watch the relevant videos on Personal Books (and other areas of interest). During the months of lockdown I binged on a few of his more comprehensive courses, and it really filled out my knowledge of the software as a whole.

Posts 331
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 3:38 PM

If I had 20 dollars a month available right now it would be used to buy books in Logos lol. I want the process to be easier and simpler.

Posts 3933
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 4:20 PM

Until someone can provide the exact details, you could resort to trial and error until you determine the right metadata that produces a proper citation.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 4448
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:59 PM

Chrisser:
I want the process to be easier and simpler.

I've found that the easiest and simplest process for me is to use Zotero for citations. Verbum/Logos supplies the page number and Zotero looks after everything else.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS