apostolic fathers

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 24 2020 11:15 AM

I'm reading the apostolic fathers with the Greek and English texts open.  Is there any editions where I can get corresponding notes and highlights across both texts?  

Thank you

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 1:59 PM

Larry Craig:

I'm reading the apostolic fathers with the Greek and English texts open.  Is there any editions where I can get corresponding notes and highlights across both texts?  

Thank you

This is not possible, unless both texts are tagged as reverse interlinears. I am not discouraging your suggestion, however.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 2:02 PM

thank  you

I will make the suggestion

Posts 29136
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 2:45 PM

Beloved Amodeo:
This is not possible, unless both texts are tagged as reverse interlinears

The Rick Brannan edition as a Reverse Interlinear. https://www.logos.com/product/27510/apostolic-fathers-reverse-interlinear

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 4:05 PM

Yep, that's the one I'm using.  

If I highlight a text, the other text will highlight as well.  But if I apply a highlight to it, like a color, nothing.  And if I put a note in one, it doesn't go in the other.

I put it as a suggestion in Logos 9

Posts 29136
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 4:10 PM

That can be one of two things:

1. You'rs adding the note/highlight to selection rather than reference
  2. You haven't turned on the filter to show the note/highlight

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 4:19 PM

OK, the reference selection highlight thing works.  I highlight whole verses, so now I can do that.

But most of my notes are for individual words, not whole verses.  

Posts 29136
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 4:28 PM

The restrictions should be the same as for Biblical texts.

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 4:30 PM

MJ. Smith:

Beloved Amodeo:
This is not possible, unless both texts are tagged as reverse interlinears

The Rick Brannan edition as a Reverse Interlinear. https://www.logos.com/product/27510/apostolic-fathers-reverse-interlinear

Thanks, MJ

I have this resource and didn't even know it!Surprise

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 4:37 PM

Is this comment for me?  I don't understand it if it is.

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 5:07 PM

Larry Craig:

Is this comment for me?  I don't understand it if it is.

If you're referring to my comment, it was meant for MJ. Sorry if that is not self evident. I have another comment/question for MJ. In working with the source text. If I set the Greek text apposed to the English, only the English generates the corresponding text on hover. Why is that? Shouldn't it be reciprocal?

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 5:10 PM

No, I replied to MJ.  I don't know why it didn't say so.

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 5:31 PM

Larry Craig:

No, I replied to MJ.  I don't know why it didn't say so.

I'm not MJ but, I think I can answer your question. MJ is pointing out that the Notes function works as it does for Bibles. Thus, if you desire to comment on a word or selected text, select Selection, if it is a verse, select Reference.

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 5:38 PM

I do.  I just want a note that I put in an English apostolic word to also tag the corresponding Greek word and vice versa.

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 5:49 PM

Larry Craig:

I do.  I just want a note that I put in an English apostolic word to also tag the corresponding Greek word and vice versa.

It works as I have described and your note is visible across texts.

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 5:53 PM

what am I missing?  That's why I started this thread.  I don't see where you're telling me something I haven't done already.  over and over.

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:22 PM

Larry Craig:

what am I missing?  That's why I started this thread.  I don't see where you're telling me something I haven't done already.  over and over.

Fret not. Say you wanted to comment on the word "church" in the Salutation of Clement. First select the word "church". then right click to have the Context Menu to appear. Then select Selection then select Take a note apply your note and choose a notebook name if desired. Your note should appear for both "church" and "eklesia". See below.

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:28 PM

that's what I've been doing and why I started this thread.  It's not working.

What editions of the fathers are  you using?

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:36 PM

Larry Craig:

that's what I've been doing and why I started this thread.  It's not working.

What editions of the fathers are  you using?

https://www.logos.com/product/27510/apostolic-fathers-reverse-interlinear

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:38 PM

I don't understand what you sent me.  I don't know how to take this and find it in the Logos catalog.

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS