apostolic fathers

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:39 PM

Please note that I am using the RI as both the source and the target texts!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:40 PM

What books should I look for in the Logos catalog?  Author?  title?  publisher?

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:46 PM

Go to the Panel menu the three vertical dots on the far right corner of the Panel. Select this; find the Information section; select this; scroll down until you see the section labeled Support Info, select this. Our information should match.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:50 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/27510/apostolic-fathers-reverse-interlinear

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:53 PM

OK, we're using the same English text.  But what about the Greek text?  which Greek text are you using.?

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 7:00 PM

Larry Craig:

OK, we're using the same English text.  But what about the Greek text?  which Greek text are you using.?

The underlying Greek text to the RI. Recall that I told you both source and target texts must be tagged RIs. Perhaps anticipating your next question. To get the Greek text to display select the Aleph and Omega icon.

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 7:08 PM

OK, I figured it out.  I duplicated the resource and put them side by side.  I put one in the English and the other in Greek.  

What are all the arrows and little numbers?

I see that the Greek text changes the word order, so you lose the emphases of the Greek.  I'm not sure I want to make that trade.

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 7:21 PM

That's right! The arrows are showing the direction of the word order in Greek the numbers display the consecutive order of the Greek words in relation to the English and the dots are untranslated English words i.e. the English words are added for readability in English. Larry, you have no alternative. This is the best you can do at this time.

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 7:35 PM

The alternative is to manually highlight and add notes to both texts.  Not perfect but doable.  I don't want to read a Greek text full of arrows, dots, and numbers.

Thank you very much for taking the time to try to help me.  I learned some new things.  I appreciate it.

Posts 3712
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 7:44 PM

Larry Craig:
The alternative is to manually highlight and add notes to both texts.

Have you tried adding a second attachment to an existing note, so the same note shows up both texts?

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 7:49 PM

I don't understand.

Posts 2653
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 7:52 PM

Larry Craig:
I don't want to read a Greek text full of arrows, dots, and numbers.

You could link Lightfoot to your RIs https://www.logos.com/product/25721/lightfoots-apostolic-fathers-in-greek 

Posts 3712
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 8:37 PM

Larry Craig:

I don't understand.

The same note can be attached (old notes terminology) or anchored (new notes terminology) to more than one reference or selection.

So you can have the same note (rather than a second duplicated note) attached to a word in the English resource, and its corresponding word in the Greek resource.

(Normally you wouldn’t have to do that if both resources shared a common reverse interlinear.)

See this article for information on adding anchors:

https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031314832-How-do-I-add-and-manage-note-anchors-

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 10970
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2020 10:18 AM

Beloved Amodeo:
Larry, you have no alternative. This is the best you can do at this time.

Actually if you link Brannan's AF-greek-interlinear to Brannan's AF-Rev-Interlinear, you get the click'd corresponding in either direction, along with greek in the proper order.

Since I use L7, it's easy enough to right-click one to add a note, and then drag/drop the other into the same note. Pretty quick.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 867
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2020 10:40 AM

Hi Denise

I use Brannon's. 

I'm finding now that I can highlight passages across both resources and put notes across both resources on passages as well, but not individual words.  

I put a lot of notes on individual words.  

I guess I have to do that individually.

I put in the suggestion for Logos 9.

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS