OT: Tablet with wired connection?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 25 2020 9:43 AM

Does anyone know a current model of a tablet that can be used with a wired connection (via an ethernet adapter)? I am asking for straightforward compatibility as in, you plug in the adapter and the cable to it and you're connected. Not complicated stuff like rooting and installing x applications. 

I would like to have the ability to connect via wire on the next tablet I want to purchase to read my books in the Logos app (of course I would use wifi when I want to be mobile).

Posts 491
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2020 9:51 AM

Have you looked at ethernet adapters that connect to the tablet via the usb port?

I doubt you will find one with a built-in connection due to space limitations but I haven't surveyed the market for that feature.

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2020 1:37 PM

Robert Neely:
Have you looked at ethernet adapters that connect to the tablet via the usb port?

Yes, this is what I meant. But not all tablets are able to detect an ethernet connection. That's why I am looking for recommendations.

Posts 491
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2020 2:47 PM

If you are still looking, here are a couple of links that might be useful.   Different manufacturers should have tech info on tablet compatibility.

https://www.bobjgear.shop/adapters 

https://www.bobjgear.shop/ethernet-supported-devices 

Posts 1934
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2020 10:42 AM

First, know that I'm a "wired whenever possible" person - TV, Apple TV, receiver, etc. - they're all wired. So I get the general benefit of wired.

I'm wondering why you want a tablet to be wired, though. If you're not having good connectivity via wifi, you can probably solve that for your tablet and for other devices less expensively than with a new tablet plus adapter.

My $.02...

Donnie

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2020 6:11 AM

I have no problem connecting to wifi. I am also a "wired whenever possible" person.

Posts 2575
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2020 7:05 AM

ethernet to usb adapter found several adapters on Amazon.  Don't know if they will work but at 12 to 18 $ might be worth a try. 

[I have wired ethernet in both bedrooms.  The wireless modems in 'cheap' units are junk (that is very slow)]

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS