Barns Notes in community pricing

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 79
garry Hill | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 4 2010 12:41 PM

Hi,

This is more of a request for everyone who can to put a bid on barns notes in the community pricing as it is a very good resource and the more who bid on it we can all benifit from a very low price.

Please take a look at the notes on it and place a bid. (if you can)

Thanks

Garry

Bro Garry

Christadelphian

Posts 2227
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 4 2010 1:02 PM

garry Hill:

Hi,

This is more of a request for everyone who can to put a bid on Barns notes http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/2132 in the community pricing as it is a very good resource and the more who bid on it we can all benifit from a very low price. http://www.logos.com/communitypricing

Thanks

Garry

Yes Edited to include links to the community page.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 16703
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 4 2010 6:56 PM

garry Hill:

Bid at least $35 even if you think you can't afford it, because if you continue to wait NOBODY will get it moving to the point where the price will drop as it gets near 100%.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 1362
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 9:02 AM

done!

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 8:13 AM

Barnes' Notes has been in the community pricing longer than any other resource. It is getting close to the amount needed to go into producion. It has about 80% of the support needed, so all we need is for a few more to place bids!

I'm excited that the community pricing has finally become a major part of the Logos website. I have a bid on every resource in community pricing, except for the one written in Latin.

Posts 601
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 8:57 AM

Bill Gordon:
It is getting close to the amount needed to go into producion. It has about 80% of the support needed

I notice that Barnes has already been over taken by one of the newcomers as has been noted before if every one with a bid below $30 raised their bid to $24 it would be live at a cost of $1.50 a volume!

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 364
Tom Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:36 AM

Ive bid on this about a month ago.. I bid the full $90.. I REALLY want this publication.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 601
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:43 AM

Tom C:
Ive bid on this about a month ago.. I bid the full $90.. I REALLY want this publication.

Hi Tom

Unfortunately, or fortunately when it ships and we are charged, bidding over $30 will make no difference unless of course lots of people raise their bid to $90.

God Bless

Graham

Posts 364
Tom Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 10:45 AM

Graham Owen:

Tom C:

Hi Tom

Unfortunately, or fortunately when it ships and we are charged, bidding over $30 will make no difference unless of course lots of people raise their bid to $90.

I understand.. I've just tried to put my money where my mouth is. I'll be happy to pay the $30.... Or anything up to the maximum of $90 if I can just get this reasonably soon Smile

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 11:02 AM

Tom C:
if I can just get this reasonably soon

Don't make me say it.Stick out tongue

~

Posts 601
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 11:03 AM

Tom C:
I understand.. I've just tried to put my money where my mouth is

I think the challenge is to persuade others who have lower bids that Barnes is worth $30 and to recruit some new bidders. It has been stuck for a while at about 80%, I guess the question is why do you think its worth $90...

God Bless

Graham

Posts 1607
Forum MVP
Paul Newsome | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 11:08 AM

Tom I'm in at $90 too.  If the majority of Logos users continue to keep their bid at $30 we will continue to see Barnes Notes on the CP page.  I think bidding $90 is a good thing.

Posts 911
Joan Korte | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 11:55 AM

Abi Gail:

Tom C:

Abi,

You know me and I cannot read your mind on this one.  But my thoughts, Tom,--if you need it now it is available and free but not in Logos 4, yet.  And an individual has no control over resources in community pricing as to the "if" and then the "when".  I do hope, Tom, you get it by the time you need it.

OK, Abi, why don't you say it. 

Posts 7253
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 12:14 PM

Paul Newsome:
 I think bidding $90 is a good thing.
Only if you're willing to pay $90 for the set.  Which I'm not.  

I have my bid set at a lower price point because honestly that's all the set is worth to me as a reference.  I'll pay what I've bid and not a penny more.  Apparently I'm not alone.

Posts 330
Ken S | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 12:24 PM

Agree with you Thomas, I wouldn't pay $90 for this resource as it is not that important. There are more active resources that would be beneficial to me then Barnes.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6" True Life LCD; Intel® Core 2 Duo T6600 @ 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 4GB RAM, Win 7,IE8

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:13 PM

Joan Korte:

Abi Gail:

Tom C:

Abi,

You know me and I cannot read your mind on this one.  But my thoughts, Tom,--if you need it now it is available and free but not in Logos 4, yet.  And an individual has no control over resources in community pricing as to the "if" and then the "when".  I do hope, Tom, you get it by the time you need it.

OK, Abi, why don't you say it. 

When Jesus ascended, The disciples were convinced that He would return "Reasonably Soon" Smile

~

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 4:31 AM

Thomas Black:
 I'll pay what I've bid and not a penny more.

Is that your final answer? Big Smile  Did you just stomp your foot?

~

Posts 1527
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 6:25 AM

Graham Owen Replied: [in a thread on Barnes]

[…] as has been noted before if everyone with a bid below $30 raised their bid to $24 it would be [released] at a cost of $1.50 a volume!

This implies that the data is available that could show what we need to bid to get IT released like NOW

If we bid as asked [in this case if all bids less than 24 for Barnes were raised to 24]

[For consideration by the community]

What if the CP listed the price that we could get the item for if everyone converted their current bid to XXX?

That is if it would cost 50,000 and there are 1000 bidders [at all price levels] we would be asked to bid $50 to get it NOW.   

The system would then show our current bid (say) 25

The expected bid (what it looks like the community will set the price at (in ten years or so)) (like maybe) $20

And the needed bid (as described above) $50

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 6:31 AM

David Ames:
That is if it would cost 50,000 and there are 1000 bidders [at all price levels] we would be asked to bid $50 to get it NOW. 

Thomas Black:
 I'll pay what I've bid and not a penny more.

~

Posts 545
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 6:57 AM

It is my understanding that there is absolutely no risk in bidding $90.00 ---- am I right?

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS