Faithlife Connect No Library

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15
Gerald | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 4 2020 9:38 AM

The last go round of upgrades I purchased the Silver Logos 8. In the past I have subscribed to Logos Now, and until the first of 2020, I had the monthly Faithlife Connect -No Library at around $10/month.

Last week I replaced my 1TB hard drive with a 1TB SSD. It definitely has made Logos faster on my laptop. With the old hard drive, the speed was so slow I used other software that was faster on my laptop.

Armed with the knowledge I would use Logos more, today I called Logos to get back on the Faithlife Connect No Library and was told they no longer sell it. I don't want to pay for resources I already own in my library by subscribing to Faithlife Connect Essentials at $150 per year.

At what package level is all of the features of Faithlife Connect included? Gold? Platinum? Diamond? or is there not any package that includes all features? Just wondering. I'm not concerned with the extras like book of the month, Faithlife TV, and the ME course.

Thanks

Posts 28475
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2020 11:15 AM

The libraries are separate from the feature sets. Either can be purchased separately 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 11069
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2020 11:37 AM

Repeating SineNomine's advice:

https://verbum.com/now 

Same features, and ignore Catholic if desired.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 3784
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2020 3:21 PM

Denise:

Repeating SineNomine's advice:

https://verbum.com/now 

Same features, and ignore Catholic if desired.

Yup. Identical in all meaningful respects to the defunct Logos Now... including the price.

Posts 15
Gerald | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 6:48 AM

I guess I am an idiot. My Silver package says it has the "Features: Includes all Logos 8 features", yet if I owned them, why am I allowed to place the Logos 8 Full Feature Upgrade in my Cart? If I already owned them, why would I be allowed to purchase them again? Do I see an example of shifting terminology? Are these two not the same?

FaithLife Connect altered some of the menu features not available unless you subscribe to this add on. Am I correct in this, or can they too be purchased?

Thanks

Posts 15
Gerald | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 6:50 AM

Would I only have Catholic titles offered to me every month? (It might do me good to have a few) Or can I choose any Logos title? Is the menu feathers the same?

Thanks

Posts 3784
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 7:55 AM

Gerald:
Would I only have Catholic titles offered to me every month? (It might do me good to have a few) Or can I choose any Logos title? Is the menu feathers the same?

It's exactly the same list as was offered to Logos Now subscribers.

Posts 11069
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 10:19 AM

Gerald:
I guess I am an idiot.

I doubt you're any less swifter than your smart Logosian. I skipped L8, and I'm still wondering the same issue as you describe, for L9. Hopefully, JT's point above doesn't change.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 3784
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 11:36 AM

Gerald:
I guess I am an idiot. My Silver package says it has the "Features: Includes all Logos 8 features", yet if I owned them, why am I allowed to place the Logos 8 Full Feature Upgrade in my Cart?

What price is shown?

Posts 915
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 1:34 PM

SineNomine:

Gerald:
I guess I am an idiot. My Silver package says it has the "Features: Includes all Logos 8 features", yet if I owned them, why am I allowed to place the Logos 8 Full Feature Upgrade in my Cart?

What price is shown?

And what resources are shown under "Resources Included" after clicking the box?

Posts 15
Gerald | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 2:23 PM

The sale price is $276.83. There are 173 resources it says I do not own. So I would be purchasing extra resources above what my Silver package contained, even though the wording says "Features: Includes all Logos 8 features". So I really didn't get all the resources that are included in the "Logos 8 Full Feature Upgrade", when I purchased the "Silver" upgrade. So does the "Verbum Now" include the 179 resources I didn't get when I purchased the Silver package?

Quote from Verbum Now page: "Verbum Now gives you access to every feature, media collection, interactive, and dataset included in Verbum 8."

Posts 15
Gerald | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 2:43 PM

I'm replying to myself now, talking to myself and answering is a big problem according to my high school biology teacher. I will try the Faithlife Connect Essentials for a month. It does appear that FaithLife needs the support and what is $5 / month difference going to make for me.

Thanks all for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS