Can you create a Collection that includes just Clippings?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 69
Greg Rose | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 7 2020 1:43 PM

Is it possible to set up a Collection that includes all Clippings documents?

Posts 23003
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2020 2:42 PM

No - Collections are for Logos resources.

What are you trying to achieve?

Posts 69
Greg Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2020 7:08 PM

I would like to search a particular clipping document. I found out from an earlier post that the "Ctrl +F" find feature with the Clippings panel is not the best way to search since it evidently doesn't indicate where the result is within the clipping.  When I use the regular search (the magnifying glass) I can't seem to select just a single clipping to search.  It looks like I can do a search on "My Documents" resources but I think it could include more than just clippings. I thought if I created a "collection" with all my clipping documents then I could just search that collection. I thought that might get me as close as I can get to just searching a single clipping document. 

Posts 23003
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2020 10:39 PM

Understood - yes, the nearest we can get is a search on My Documents which does allow you to see search results in Clippings

Posts 25825
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2020 4:02 PM

Greg Rose:
It looks like I can do a search on "My Documents" resources but I think it could include more than just clippings. I thought if I created a "collection" with all my clipping documents then I could just search that collection. I thought that might get me as close as I can get to just searching a single clipping document. 

A "collection" of clippings won't give you a result that is better than the current search of Your Documents; which will locate the actual clipping within a Clippings doc. A search option of Clippings (in addition to Your Documents) would achieve what you want, but it is likely that Faithlife will move Clippings into Notes at some time!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS