Link to other app via app links

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Tom E Manners | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 9 2020 7:19 PM

Hey guys I have a problem I’m hoping somebody can help me with. i use the Day One journaling app. Sometimes I would like to create a link from a logos note to a particular day one entry.  Day one allows you to generate a link to an injury that looks like this

dayone://view?entryId=E8E5BFE4D849425D8A906B9C6627B44D

logos recognizes this is a link and turns them blue. However, the link doesn’t work. I’ve tested the link in other apps and they open day one just fine. Logos doesn’t seem to recognize how to handle this kind of link. Is this a bug? Is this an oversight by the developers? Or is it a way for logos to keep it’s self silos from other functionality of other apps?

Posts 30188
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2020 7:23 PM

welcome to the forums. Are you using click or cntrl-click to navigate? This is one of the more common reasons for the error.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4
Tom E Manners | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2020 6:41 AM

Yeah - that didn't do anything at all.

Posts 4
Tom E Manners | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2020 6:43 AM

Just noticed something else, even thought the link I posted is 

dayone://view?entryId=E8E5BFE4D849425D8A906B9C6627B44D

when I hover over the link, it shows that is it actually being link/translated to:

assembly://faithlife.notestoolhost/dist/index.html

Posts 4
Tom E Manners | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2020 10:06 AM

Well get this!

If I select the note and then select the print/export option, I can click the link the export preview page AND IT WORKS!

Its kind of a bizarre work around but doable on the desktop for now.  Doesn't work on the iOS version at all. :(

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS