Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Fred Myer | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 18 2020 1:28 PM

Presently if I use the "Passage Guide"  say for Job 5:1 I get references that are linked in: Commentaries, Journals, Parallel Passages, Cross References.  However, what is lacking is all those other books that have a reference to "Job 5:1"

Example: The Unfiltered Bible by Heiser. Part 2 Old Testament, Chapter 28.

Heavenly angelic beings are called “holy ones” in a number of places (Job 5:1; Ps 89:5, 7; Zech 14:5; Dan 4:13, 17; 8:13). Yet in Job, several passages allude to the possibility that God’s angels aren’t inherently perfect and holy:

Michael S. Heiser, The Bible Unfiltered: Approaching Scripture on Its Own Terms (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2017), 113.

If I go to Passage Guide put in Job 5:1 this reference does not show up.

In BibleSoft they have a "Smart Link" that looks back at all books that reference a certain passage.  

Am I missing something here?  I can not find in Logos a way to see all those references that point to the passage I am in.  

Could this be a new feature?  

Posts 30229
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 1:48 PM

You can add them through the Collection section. Make a collection out of the books you want included (usually primarily monographs) and set the Collections section to use that collection ... note you can have multiple Collection Sections.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS