Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9
Daniel Kyle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 10:15 AM

This sounds simple enough for a guy that has worked with computers since 1987 but, my situation is that I am a Pastor that needs to prepare two sermons and a Bible study each and every week along with doing everything else a Full-time Pastor must do. I do not know how I can find the extra time to learn how to do what I have been doing with just having the time for the Bible study and sermon/lesson preparation I already do.

I started preaching in 1988 with PC Study Bible I upgraded and used that program until version 5. I have PC Study Bible 5 working on my Windows 10 Computer even though Biblesoft support told me I could not do it. (The installer will not run so I worked around that). I really did not like PC Study Bible version 5 and moved on pretty much abandoning my investment.

The problem imposed on me by this is mostly about my time, and then about the effects of the brain injury which make it difficult to remember new ways of doing things.

I also have used Swordsearcher - Wordsearch, Bible Analyzer, Quick Verse, and a few others but LOVE Wordsearch 12. The HTML editor with quick mouse hover links to my Bible Window is one of my favorite features. I do all my sermon and lesson outlines with it and preach and teach from the program too. I have 882 books made up of 2094 volumes and the organization is where Wordsearch really shines, and from what I have seen and read so far where Logos is lacking?

Is there an easy way in Logos to see all the resources that have migrated so far in a list form? 

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 10:54 AM

Daniel Kyle:
Is there an easy way in Logos to see all the resources that have migrated so far in a list form? 

You should be able to see all YOUR resources that have migrated by opening up Library.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 11118
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 12:19 PM

Daniel Kyle:

You open the library in list form (i.e. Details View - red arrow in screenshot) and select from the facet filter "Added Today" (purple arrow)

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1
Steve Hartwig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 1:27 PM

I installed LOGOS today, September 19, 2020.  I do not see ANY of my Wordsearch 12 resources in the LOGOS library. Can anyone tell me why I don't see any of my Wordsearch 12 resources?

Posts 2239
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 1:31 PM

Steve Hartwig:
Can anyone tell me why I don't see any of my Wordsearch 12 resources?

Welcome to the Logos Forum!

Most likely, it is related to the email account that you have associated with WS and the one you use to login to L8. This forum is LARGELY other users, to get a solution from someone who has access to your account it is best to email cs@logos.com or call customer service.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1
Steve Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 2:12 PM

AMEN!!

Posts 851
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 2:29 PM

As a former WordSearch user I can say that it will get easier and will be well worth it. 

Posts 8852
LogosEmployee

Steve Hartwig:

I installed LOGOS today, September 19, 2020.  I do not see ANY of my Wordsearch 12 resources in the LOGOS library. Can anyone tell me why I don't see any of my Wordsearch 12 resources?

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Logos! It looks like your account was imported but your Wordsearch licenses aren't currently available to us. We hope to resolve this on Monday, so please check back then. Sorry for the disappointing news.

Posts 2
willie stephenson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:08 AM

i have not received any of my Preacher's outline and sermon bible or commentary

Posts 98
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:01 PM

When Logos took over WS (which I loved),  I sat on the sidelines and waited for about 3 weeks or so. I have observed some things:

1. The learning curve for learning Logos is steep, that's because Logos is much more complex and powerful. WS, even WS 12 was a more simple program and was very limited in what it did if you wanted to get away from basic studies. i.e. Tracking words to original language took some work in WS and seems to be lot easier in Logos. 

2. Logos is moving over WS resources into Logos at a pretty good speed. I'm still waiting on my verse lists, my documents, my personal books, etc.  I took the bite and transferred my notes myself as I need my notes.  I made the decision to only work in Logos... My mind gets tired working in both programs.

3. If you have different emails (one for WS and a different one for Logos) then your resources won't get transferred because of that. You must have the same emails else Logos doesn't know where to put your stuff.

4. There are many, many, many videos about anything in Logos. Google what you are looking for in Logos 8 or 9 and you'll most likely find more than one video about the matter. Then, get a cup of coffee and watch as many of the videos as you can. When you do, fire up Logos and pause the video and work through what they do in the video. Learn by seeing then doing!  Also, the people on these forums have been very helpful and patient with all my dumb questions. Believe me, I ask dumb questions!

5. Life is about change. Most people fight the change instead of embracing it. Fighting change makes it harder to learn. I like many have went from one Bible program to another then another, then another and finally Logos. Changes! But life is like that. Our attitude can work for us or against us. It's really our choice. 

Posts 2239
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 8:17 AM

xnman:
I have observed some things:

Since I defended a contrary position to yours in another thread, I want to take this opportunity to applaud your observations.

I believe you fairly describe some of the differences between the two programs and map out an honest path to navigating the change.

YesYes

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 341
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 1:00 PM

NB.Mick:

Daniel Kyle:

You open the library in list form (i.e. Details View - red arrow in screenshot) and select from the facet filter "Added Today" (purple arrow)

Unfortunately it appears that Logos also did an update today, so I am not sure which resources have been directly added from Wordsearch. Is there any other way to determine which books were added from Wordsearch?

Posts 11118
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 1:27 PM

Charlene:

Unfortunately it appears that Logos also did an update today, so I am not sure which resources have been directly added from Wordsearch. Is there any other way to determine which books were added from Wordsearch?

Updated existing resources in your library are no issue at all when you use the added filter facet. Things you actively bought in one of the FL shops or PrePubs that came through at the same time as WS resources will show in the Order History in your FL account.  

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS