Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Baileigh jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 21 2020 1:00 PM

I am wondering how long I will be able to continue using my Wordsearch library until I will have to start using the Logos app?

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 1:07 PM

I think the best reply is to read the FAQ on the Logos site. There it states that there will be no further development of Wordsearch. From that I gather that it will continue to work until some operating system update breaks it. (I think you are secure for awhile.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8975
LogosEmployee

We have no plans to make the Wordsearch application stop working, although we don't plan to create and ship any more updates to it (e.g., to improve compatibility with new OS versions).

At some point, the Wordsearch web services will be discontinued and you may get errors (when starting the program) about being unable to check for updates. Our understanding is that you can go to Options > Settings > Internet, and select "No, do not use any Internet features" and then keep using the program offline indefinitely.

You should keep backups of your system so you can restore the program and books if you have a system failure. Eventually, the download site for Wordsearch and its resources will be discontinued and you will not be able to reinstall it from the Internet.

Posts 22
Lloyd Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 7:44 AM

I have just had a hard drive crash which had Wordsearch installed on it. The computer tech tells me the drive must be wiped and that he cannot copy my programs from the drive back onto it after he wipes it. He says he can copy the documents, etc. back onto the wiped drive, but not the programs themselves. Where do I go to reinstall Wordsearch?

Posts 923
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 8:34 AM

Lloyd Wallace:

I have just had a hard drive crash which had Wordsearch installed on it. The computer tech tells me the drive must be wiped and that he cannot copy my programs from the drive back onto it after he wipes it. He says he can copy the documents, etc. back onto the wiped drive, but not the programs themselves. Where do I go to reinstall Wordsearch?

While this won’t help in recovering your program (and I pray you are successfu), might I suggest a disk cloning program in the future to preserve your programs and data? Some reliable free ones exist (I use Macrium for example). In the case of a catastrophic failure, you can get everything back to the point you last backed up.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 22
Lloyd Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 8:35 AM

Thank you, kind sir!!!

Posts 1809
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 9:20 AM

Lloyd Wallace:
Where do I go to reinstall Wordsearch?

I was able to still download the install file from the Wordsearch web site. Whether or not it'll download your files (books, notes etc.) again, I don't know.

1. Go to www.wordsearchbible.com 

2. Sign into your account (Top Right)

3. Click "My Account"

4. Click "My Downloads"

Posts 22
Lloyd Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 1:03 PM

What can I say except thank you!

Posts 4
Jamaral Gilchrist | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 2:26 PM

How do I use it and where can I find it?

Posts 5087
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 12:29 AM

Jamaral Gilchrist:

How do I use it and where can I find it?

If the answer to your question isn't in Rick's post above you may need to expand the question.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 70
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 6:40 AM

I have noticed the Lifeway licenses are now gone from the Wordsearch desktop app and the Lifeway licensed books now show as locked.

You can also see locked books in Library>Manage library

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS